UNITED STATES SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND (USSOCOM)
Resiliency and Human Performance Program
Title: Nurse Case Manager - VARIOUS LOCATIONS
Education and Experience:
- Skill in making diagnoses and in choosing, initiating, and modifying selected therapies
- Possess demonstrated knowledge of patient education principles and management of complex medical, psychosocial, and financial problems
- Minimum two (2) years nursing experience
- Government Contract – Background investigation required
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide a full range of professional health nursing principles, practices and procedures in clinical settings in order to analyze the full scope of problems associated with providing appropriate, cost effective care.
2. Collect, organize, record and communicate data relevant to primary health assessments including a detailed medical history.
3. Possess the ability to seek feedback from peers, professional colleagues, clients and outcomes research.
4. Skills to consult with health care providers at all levels and negotiate with outside providers for services and products.
5. Assess patient via the telephone, using established protocols.
6. Establish priorities for patient care monitor and evaluate progress.
7. Oversee discharge-planning activities in order to ensure ideal timing and sequencing of patient care.
8. Provide professional assistance to healthcare finders
9. Negotiate, write, finalize and administer product/service agreements.
Additional Requirements/Qualifications (may include but not limited to):
- Communication – Oral and written communication skills, team coordination, facilitation in order to facilitate the exchange of information/education, enhance goal achievement.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations, professional code of ethics and practice standards.
- Knowledge and skill in using pre-established utilization review criteria recognize and report actual or potential quality and risk management.
- Knowledge and skills in the use of VA/DOD Clinical Practice Guidelines.
- Knowledge of the healthcare financial environment and the fiscal dimension of population health.
- Evaluate existing practices, opportunities and outcomes through research tools.
- Skill in management of information systems and technology.
- Knowledge of computers and software applications; ability to design and present computer-generated outcome analysis information.
- Knowledge of pharmaceuticals, their desired effects, side effects and complications of their use.
- Knowledge of community resources, patient entitlement/benefit eligibility, and ability to access these resources.
- Knowledge of current third party regulations and policies, with special emphasis on TRICARE and Medicare benefits and services.