REPORTS TO: Director of Medical Services
Status: Full-time; Salary; Exempt
To provide high quality outpatient medical care for HIV+ men and women. Act as primary support to clinic physician and perform routine medical treatment within the confines of the position.
- Triage new and existing clients to determine acuity of immediate complaint;
- Perform routine and minor office surgeries;
- Prescribe appropriate HIV medications and other prophylactics in consultation with clinic physicians (Narcotic/Triplicate and Anabolic Steroid DEA Category III prescriptions are excluded);
- In conjunction with clinic physicians, administer all diagnostic and treatment protocols;
- Evaluate and monitor all lab results and confer with patients as appropriate;
- Confer with patients on lab results and other appropriate medical information;
- Nursing Intakes to be completed on all new patients;
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, ABILITIES
- State of California Licensed Nurse Practitioner is required;
- Experience and knowledge in primary care medicines are required;
- Knowledge and experience in the care and treatment of diseases associated with HIV infection is required;
- Must be sensitive to ethnic, sex, and cultural diversity in patients to be treated;
- Must communicate effectively with clients;
- Must communicate effectively with HIV Health Center staff and all related departmental personnel;
- Bilingual/bicultural preferred.
- Work closely with HIV Health Center supervisor, physicians and other personnel in order to develop and maintain clear and concise treatment protocols;
- Ensure, in collaboration with clinic physicians, the successful provision of high quality primary medical care to clients regardless of ability to pay.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be licensed by the State of California as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with clients and other medical personnel.
- Maintain a California Nurse Practitioner Number
- Maintain DEA Certification.
- Maintain Certification as a Nurse Practitioner by the American Academy of Nurses Practitioners, the American Nurses Credentialing Center or other recognized credentialing organization.
- Become proficient in the utilization of the electronic medical record system, as it applies to this position.
Indeed - 17 months ago