Thundermist Health Center is currently a full-time, exempt, Nurse Practitioner.
The staff nurse practitioner is responsible for providing primary medical care, within the limits of the training of a nurse practitioner, to assigned patients. The nurse practitioner is a licensed, autonomous provider executing professional clinical judgement in the care of his/her patients, according to the guidelines, policies and procedures set forth by the agency and in accordance with the physician precepting terms set forth by the agency.
1. RI RN and NPP Licensure
2. ANA Certification in the specialty of practice (family medicine, internal medicine, women’s health, or pediatrics)
3. Ongoing CEU to update skills/therapies
1. Area Doctors Daily
2. Laboratory Staff Daily
3. Pharmacy Sales Representatives Weekly
1. Patients Daily
2. Medical Staff Daily
3. Social Workers Daily
4. Administrative Staff Periodically
Moderate physical activity: walking, standing, and stooping. Potential exposure to bloodborne pathogens, respiratory disease, and other infectious diseases, and other biohazards material requiring universal standard precautions for medical practitioners. Manual dexterity needed for certain medical procedures. Clinical environment in ambulatory based settings.
Work Schedule Demands:
Full time, 36 clinical hours per week, unless part-time status is agreed upon by administration.
Exceptional oral and written skills needed. Proficient in all applicable medical
terminology. Bilingual capacity in Spanish or Laotian is a plus. Good interpersonal skills
Confidentiality of Information:
Access of medical records, selected budget and financial information.
Significant Job Functions:
1. Patient care – history, physical exam, anticipatory education/guidance in pediatrics, management of acute and chronic illness
2. Maintenance of complete/accurate patient records
3. Accountable for patient care provided and supervision of nurse practitioner students assigned
1. Peer chart review on rotating basis
2. Participation in departmental, team and full staff meetings to review and develop policies and procedures, health care plans, clinical goals and objectives
3. Participation on certain committees as assigned by THA, possibly including:
- quality improvement committee
- quality review committee
- patient care committee
- provider compensation committee