This is a chance to join a rapidly growing, successful, energetic business intelligence company. We operate a very flat structure, and only employ self-starters with bags of initiative for all positions in the company. We’ll load you up with responsibility on day one and give you the scope to carve out your own indispensable role. The ideal candidate is someone who is always willing to pitch in anywhere you see holes, even if it lies outside of your job description.
This role is ideally suited to someone with 1-2 years of administrative experience or a super smart and organized recent graduate who is looking to take their first steps on the career ladder.
Your overall responsibility will be to ensure our fast growing office runs like clockwork, and that our employment and HR records and policies are properly communicated and kept well organized and up-to-date. You’ll need to be responsible, accountable, and take full ownership of all administrative and operational tasks that come your way. And if you see something that could be done more efficiently, you’ll make the first steps needed by assessing the situation and proposing a well-thought-out, comprehensive solution.
Your day to day will look something like this (but we'd expect you to develop it over time):
- Update and maintain all HR records and documentation (employee contracts, job
descriptions, applicant resumes and interview notes, vacation and sickness records etc.)
- Manage all new employee documentation
- Liaise with payroll to ensure all records are kept up to date and accurate
- Manage all administration associated with employee medical plan
- Carry out all recruitment administration including researching new channels to advertise,
posting job ads, managing applications, distributing resumes for review, inviting candidates to
interview, organizing interview schedule and post interview follow up
- Point person for all office and building issues
- Maintain/oversee purchase of office supplies and furniture
- Point person for office security (keys for staff, etc.)
- Field calls to general office line and direct accordingly
- Organize occasional staff events
- Petty cash consolidation for minor cash purchases
- CEOs credit card expense consolidation
- Maintain all out-going and incoming check records
- Process staff expense claims
In addition, you’ll be:
- A people person with excellent communication skills
- Amazingly organized and efficient
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
Our company is called FC Business Intelligence (www.fcbusinessinteliigence.com). We are headquartered in London, but we trade all over the world. In fact, last year we had customers in more than 100 countries. About 45% of our business comes from Europe, 40% North America and 15% from Asia. Our US office was established in Hoboken in 2010 to capitalize on existing and new opportunities in the US, Canadian and Latin American Markets.
Most of our revenue comes from international business conferences and exhibitions. But our business also encompasses increasingly large scale publishing activities – both magazines and email newsletters. We’ve also just started a company that co-ordinates international business research.
Salary: $35,000 per annum
If you are interested, please apply today!