Job Summary & Responsibilities
This is a key role supporting the Equity Derivatives eod batch process.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Support the production environment, assist in the diagnosis and resolution of incidents, maintain the stability and integrity of systems.
- Design, develop, test and document highly reliable client and server-side systems in a structured, disciplined, and fast-moving environment.
- Be comfortable implementing new systems using Java, C++, SQL, Perl, and our client's proprietary database and development platform (Secdb/Slang) .
- Develop within a controlled process including design and code reviews.
- Form strong client relationships with traders, operations, and controllers, and other technology groups in a front office environment.
- Become an integral part of a global technology team.
- Strong development background using one or more procedural or object oriented technologies such as C++, C#, Java, or Perl.
- Development experience using relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with distributed systems and multi-tier architectures.
- Strong problem solving skills/analytical skills.
- Experience and/or interest in financial services and trading businesses.
- Good communication skills and client interaction.
- Suitable educational background in computer science.
- 2+ years work experience.
Indeed - 16 months ago