OpenStack Engineer (Junior, Senior or Principal)
Mirantis is one of the leading OpenStack companies worldwide with a staff of 200 engineers.
Our customers include NASA, Dell, Internap, Cisco, General Electric, Agilent, KLA Tencor, Ring Central, Nexenta, Axcient, Attensity, Oracle and a growing number of technology leaders.
Together, we are building some of the largest and most innovative cloud infrastructures using OpenStack and other open source technologies such as Hadoop, Solr, Xen, RabbitMQ, MySQL, MemcacheD, Chef, Puppet and more.
We’re located in Mountain View, CA with additional engineering offices in five Eastern European locations. We foster a culture of personal initiative, technical excellence and innovation. We strive to offer our employees the best possible opportunities for career advancement and personal growth.
To support our growth we’re hiring passionate engineers with a strong desire to innovate, learn and develop their technical and leadership skills.
You work with product managers, engineers and executives to create some of the most advanced cloud platforms and services using OpenStack and related open source technologies.
You deploy OpenStack on complex infrastructures, write extensions or modifications, generate ideas, evaluate, use or create new technologies and deliver a successful outcome. You collaborate with an inspiring, high-energy and supportive group of peers who will challenge you to do exceptional work.
The ideal candidate is a passionate engineer with good interpersonal skills and a strong desire to learn, grow and create exceptional results.
- Excellent Linux expertise and system administration skills
- Experience with or desire to learn Python
- Solid understanding of networking, storage and server technologies
- Familiar with virtualization, Amazon Web Services or similar cloud services
- Interest in or experience with OpenStack
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Very motivated with a strong desire to learn and grow
- Bachelors degree in computer science or a related engineering field