Atlas Roofing Corporation is an industry leading manufacturer of residential and commercial building materials with 17 plants in North America and provides worldwide product distribution.
We are seeking a 2nd & 3rd Shift Operations Maintenance Supervisor with strong experience in mechanics and supervision. An excellent position for an individual who is interested in career development opportunities that include special assignments at other Atlas facilities.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Assisting Maintenance Superintendent in scheduling, coordinating and supervising maintenance personnel.
- Maintaining equipment that requires routine, emergency or preventative maintenance.
- Assisting in the development and oversight of preventative maintenance plans and repair schedules.
- Providing oversight of repair parts purchases. Requisitioning purchases through the PeopleSoft requisition program.
- Monitoring expenditures to ensure they remain within budgeted projections, and projecting future needs.
- Maintaining safe work conditions and practices through the utilization of good housekeeping, employee training, and OSHA safety compliance.
- Recommending, reviewing and contacting contractors and vendors to service equipment and provide services throughout the facility. Supervising contractors and vendors at the facility as needed.
- Supervising plant maintenance personnel. Maintaining and documenting the discipline and attendance of maintenance employees. Utilizing eTime to track weekly attendance and payroll.
- Compiling information and preparing various reports and records.
- Collaborating closely with all department heads regarding their schedules and equipment repairs. * Troubleshooting problems and recommending solutions.
- Interviewing candidates for open department positions.
- Communicating via Gmail.
- Traveling occasionally to other Atlas facilities.
- At least 5-10 years experience in a high volume and fast-paced industrial environment as a Maintenance Supervisor.
- At least 5 years mechanical experience.
- Experience working in a union environment.
- 2-3 years computer experience including Microsoft Excel and Word, PeopleSoft and maintenance management programs.
- 2-3 years applying the discipline, skill, and profession of designing, building, installing and repairing building structures, machines, devices, systems, materials and processes including electrical, plumbing, machinery, mechanical, carpentry or landscaping.
- Ability to perform advanced math skills (i.e. statistical analysis).
Desired Education, Licenses & Certifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Related Industrial Technical training
Total Compensation Package
- Atlas offers a comparable and comprehensive compensation package that includes salary equalization, paid vacations and holidays, dental, medical and vision insurance, 401-K with matching funds, employee purchase program, educational assistance, and company-paid life & AD&D insurance.
We are EOE/M/F/D/V. Qualified candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
Indeed - 9 months ago
Atlas® Roofing Corporation is an innovative, customer-oriented manufacturer of residential and commercial building materials. Atlas has...