The Event Team, a local Destination Management Company (DMC), is currently seeking a candidate to fill an immediate opening in Event Planning/Operations/Sales. This position will be responsible for supporting the management team in coordinating special events & meeting services. This is primarily a 9:00am to 5:00pm office position but, at times, may require attendance onsite at events and flexible hours, as needed.
Excellent organization, communication and people skills are necessary. The candidate must be comfortable using Outlook, CRM Systems (such as Quickbase, Sales Force, Etc), Word, Excel, and Publisher on a daily basis and must possess a willingness to learn and enjoy people in this multi-tasking environment. Excellent written & verbal communication skills are essential to excel in working with vendors and staff in this time sensitive atmosphere. Major components of our group activity programs/services include group transportation, tours, theme parties, teambuilding, tours and activities, and staffing.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Creating detailed and unique proposals for clients.
- Contacting local vendors for customized proposals based on the needs of upcoming clients.
- Conducting site visits with Sales Manager and clients
- Finalizing program specifics with clients, arranging for payment and receiving signed program summary.
- Work in conjunction with Operations/Sales staff to ensure successful fulfillment of all services contracted.
- Attending various hospitality networking events.
- Proactively researching new venues.
- Ensure successful fulfillment of all services contracted
- Reviewing vendor contracts and making payments to vendors
- Budget management and reconciliation
- Creating production schedules for vendors and staff to include all essential details of a program
- Manage field staff lead up to and during event to ensure The Event Team and client expectations are met
A college degree is preferred. Office hours are 9:00am to 5:00pm M-F. The Event Team works in a team environment therefore dependability and excellent attendance is a must. At least 2 years of event operations and/or sales experience in the hospitality industry is required. Familiarity with Los Angeles event venues is a plus. Must be able to handle stress and multi-tasking, while providing excellent customer service. Outgoing personality an absolute requirement.
To apply for this position, please submit your current resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.