American Optical Services owns and operates ophthalmology and optometry practices nationwide. We are a fast growing company that is seeking an Ophthalmic Technician in our Aspen, Colorado medical office. The role of the Ophthalmic Technician is to perform an extensive number of data collection functions as delegated by the physician to allow for proper professional diagnosis of patients and to do so in a way that instills patient confidence and treatment. Provide chair side physician assistance and administer treatment as ordered by the physician. Prepare exam rooms, escort patients to room, and prep them for physician. Assist in patient education regarding medications and post op instructions and what to expect after treatment of surgery or procedure.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years Ophthalmology experience
- COA or COT certification
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Current CPR Certification
- Demonstrates concerns for people’s problems
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Well organized with attention to detail
- Excellent leadership skills
Direct Patient Care
- Acquaint all patients to the office procedures to which they will be exposed. Inform patients of the purpose of all tests performed and how they will be affected during the test
- Obtain chief complaint, history of present and new illness, past history, old and new family history, and history of allergies and medications, record last known prescription. Update medication sheet.
- Perform accurate and consistent documentation and measurement tasks to include measuring and recording of: blood pressure, refractions, TA’s, K Readings, Visual Field testing, corneal mapping, auto refraction.
- Assist in the performance of complex medical procedures requiring special assistance. Involved in direct patient care to include: post-surgical wound care
- Prepping the exam/laser room according to physician protocols and sterile technique
- Determine which patient is seen next based on physician’s bin or emergency
- Following patient preparation, provide advice for patients who will see them next and make them comfortable during their wait. Inform patient of their approximate length of wait.
- Maintain a smooth flow of patients to the physician
- Prepare and obtain informed consent for in office procedures
Examination Room Responsibilities
- Perform washing and sterilization of instruments as required
- Perform testing of laser and assist during treatments
- Prepare patient specimens and complete appropriate lab paper work and document in patient chart
- Responsible to attain or maintain certifications. Attend Continuing Education Seminars.
- Keep rooms clean and maintained
- Restock all treatment rooms and exam rooms
Ensure all equipment is where it belongs
Turn off power to all equipment and cover equipment at the end of each day
- Deliver patient results to appropriate provider in a timely fashion
- Respond to pharmacy requests, patient phone calls and deliver physician messages and maintain documentation and charts
- Sign off of laser within first 60 days
- Sign off of all testing equipment in first 60 days
- Notify department lead about low inventory of supplies
- Other duties as assigned.
We offer an extensive benefit package which includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision and 401k
- Paid Vacation and Sick time
- And many more!
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment that is fast paced, fun, and challenging, then we look forward to meeting you!
Please visit our website for more information regarding AOS: www.americanopticalservices.com
We are committed to your Vision for Life!
AOS is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.