Date: May 2013
Basic Function: Performs accurate refractions and tests on assigned patients.
Reports to: Clinical Operations Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for performing accurate refractions and retinoscopy on assigned patients.
2. Commitment to provide exceptional patient care including following all HIPAA guidelines and procedures, outstanding customer service and detailed recording of patient information.
3. Performs necessary testing and diagnostic procedures: including applanation tonometry, A-Scans, visual fields, OCT and other ancillary testing procedures.
4. Assist in all aspects of patient care as time permits.
5. May assist physician in surgical procedures, including set-up and clean-up of instrumentation.
6. May perform other duties as assigned by Administration.
Requirements: Ability to work independently
Ability to interact with physicians/patients/staff
Graduate of ophthalmic technician course or equivalent
Ability to work with phoropter, retinoscope and other
Knowledge of medical records and medical terminology
Ability to travel to various locations in surrounding metro