A field service technician will provide quality installation, inspections, maintenance and repair service for hoist and crane equipment. A field service technician will also uphold the highest level of professional integrity and ethics as required to instill customer confidence and continued success in service.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Troubleshoot, repair and inspect overhead cranes and hoists.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance activities on equipment.
- Support customers by effectively interfacing with customer and office in repairing equipment as needed.
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding required repairs for customers.
- Maintain rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; and recommending system improvements.
- Service overhead crane systems by performing quality installations; performing OSHA/ANSI equivalent inspections; documenting and completing warranty work; troubleshooting breakdowns; performing preventive maintenance; and responding to repair calls.
- Document service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, and inspection checklist.
- Builds and maintains customer confidence by maintaining good response time, informing customer of problems, and completing the job in a timely manner.
- Maintain professional presentation, timeliness, appearance, and organization in all areas.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to fabricate and weld structures
- Ability to perform inspections to OSHA/ANSI criteria
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical circuits
- Ability to assemble and repair complex machinery
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work at heights.
- Willingness to travel
- Safety oriented
- Maintain confidentially
- Quality and results driven
- Good driving record
Equipment used to perform job:
Hand tools; power tools; lift equipment; material handling equipment; fabrication equipement, electrical meters and equipment, survey equipment; ear plugs; steel-toed shoes; gloves; safety glasses; lanyard; and body harness.
Ace offers competitive wages, 401k and benefits.