City of Plano Swimmers Inc. (COPS) is currently accepting applications for Part Time
Senior/Age Group coaching positions.
COPS is looking for individuals who are energetic, knowledgeable, ethical, and able to
communicate with parents, fellow coaches and swimmers of all ages. You must be able to work
as part of a coaching team.
Responsibilities for coaches include:
- Writing and coaching practices
- Conducting dryland workouts
- Attending meets as scheduled – approximately 1-2 per month
- Entering swimmers in desired events for swim meets based on practice agenda’s and performance
- Attend staff meetings and other events as assigned by the Head Coach
- Keep accurate records for groups including attendance and communications
- Communicate with parents and other staff members in a timely manner
- USA Swimming Registered Coach – or be in the process of completing
- 2 years of coaching experience preferred
COPS is a Level 4 Program in USA Swimming's Club Recognition Program and a Bronze Medal Program through Club Excellence. COPS is part of North Texas Swimming, and Texas Swimming Association.
Pay will depend on experience and responsibilities. While this is a part-time position, potential
exists for other revenue sources.