Part Time Teachers (after school)
Newark Unified: James A. Graham and Newark Junior High/Fremont Unified: Blacow Elementary, Brier Elementary and Grimmer Elementary.
Sylvan Learning is looking for teachers to teach students in multiple East Bay locations. This is a part time position (3-8hrs per week). We are looking for teachers to teach after school (around 2:35-4:45pm). This is a great opportunity for students and teachers who want to supplement their income.
~ With BA Only - $20/hr
~ With Valid Teaching Credential - $25/hr
(Online training is paid at a flat rate of $50)
- Bachelors degree (credential preferred)
- Positive and enthusiastic about teaching (a must!)
- Commitment to the length of the program (5 - 8 weeks)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to commute to school site and to be punctual
- Lesson plans prepared for you
- Programs and resources developed by educators
- A fun and rewarding environment
- Small class sizes (no more than 6 students)
For the past five years, Sylvan Learning has been a state-approved Supplemental Educational Service Provider, offering FREE tutoring services to Title 1 schools in the greater Bay Area. Through this program, you will help children improve their Math and/or Reading skills with a state of the art curriculum designed for small group instruction.
As part of our team of teachers and educators, you will be encouraged to explore new and creative ways to engage our students within an exceptional learning environment.