Part-time Weekend Wedding & Event Installation Assistance
Festivities is adding to our team! www.festivitiesmn.com
Love weddings and events? Interior design? We do. We're looking for people who love them, too.
We are seeking individuals (or couples) with a passion for events to join our team on a part-time seasonal basis to help our customers have the day they've imagined.
Want to work with your best friend or your spouse to get some extra money? Sometimes we've had successful mother/daughter teams. We're open to any of that! It is hard work - on a time crunch - but it is social and fun.
Are you a bride? Great way to learn wedding decor ideas and save up extra money for your wedding and get a discount on some of your items!
When you'll work:
- We are looking for individuals who are available at least 2 Saturdays a month for 6-10 hours a day depending on the needs of that day. Preference will be given to those who have greater availability.
- Periodic Sundays or holidays are available.
- There is a potential for Thursday and Friday hours, if desired.
Our ideal hires will:
- Love events
- Take pride in doing things the right way in an organized manner
- Posess good trouble-shooting skills
- Have an eye for detail - ideally artistic inclinations/design eye
- Have strong customer service skills
- Exemplify an "Elbow Grease" attitude - willingness to do anything & everything
- Remain calm under pressure
- Posess a current driving license & good driving record
Preferred candidates will:
- Be fearless of ladders and heights
- Have wedding/decor experience
What you'll do:
Each week (and each event) is different. On a typical day, you'll either meet at an event location or come to our location to pick up material and then head to an event. You'll need to be organized to make sure you check your event contract and have everything you need. Then you need to review the instructions on the contract and execute the event: set-up chairs, install chair covers, tie chair sashes, add linen, set up flowers/centerpieces, hang draping & decor, etc. You'll create the environment and look of the room and need to feel good about signing off on each event at our quality control levels before you leave. It can get a little hectic (we call it excitement!) because you'll likely head to 3 or 4 events in one day and all have to get done within a certain timeframe for them to start on time. You'll take photos at the conclusion of each event and do a quick recap write-up about the event. You will be our representative with our key customers and venues so we need to you take an active interest in representing the company well.
We will help train you on the ties and standards.
- $10 an hour; negotiable with strong experience.
- Benefit: 20% employee discount on all in-stock wedding & event rental items
Potential to develop into year-round or full-time employment depending on success of candidate and desire. Open to individuals who want a regular consistent amount of hours but also have needs for those who might prefer occasional on-call work.
To apply, copy and paste this link in your browser and complete the form: