The person working this position will be responsible for work needed to assure that the company internal applications provide sufficient scalability and performance for our business users. This person would benchmark our current systems, identify system bottlenecks and manage architectural changes that would improve system performance. The system performance engineer works with all other members of the team to assure that new features/changes continue to operate within the required performance bounds, and system testing is set up to validate the system performance.
*This client uses and open source testing tool similar to LoadRunner.
Participate in establishing the Performance environment and framework
Research end-user’s usage patterns and identify key system performance requirements
Develop and maintain system capacity models
Develop performance test strategies & plans
Conduct performance testing on wireless devices
Develop sophisticated performance scripts, bechmarks and metrics
Responsible for assessing system capacity, bottlenecks and providing recommendations on performance tunings & improvements
Responsible for consolidation, analysis, and presentation of performance data in formal reports, presentations, to help ensure success in production.
Experience improving processes and efficiencies
· Minimum 5 years experience working with performance modeling of the following technologies:
· C# .NET, ASP.NET Web Application Development
· .Net coding
· SQL Server
· SQL queries, PL/SQL knowledge
· query optimizations
· TCP/IP, routing, interface configuration, DNS, firewall, proxy, remote access
· Experience with performance testing wireless devices
· Ability to multitask
· Good communications skills (written and verbal)
· Independent thinker, but good team player
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.