UNITED STATES SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND (USSOCOM)
Resiliency and Human Performance Program
Title: Physical Therapist
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy.
- OCS or SCS Certification through the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialists (ABPTS) or Certification through National Athletic Training Association (NATA) as a certified athletic trainer (ATC) required.
- Government Contract - Background Investigation Required
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ability to meet physical demands of training with SOF personnel including the ability to hike over rough terrain and function in austere environments to observe SOF training evolutions and the ability to assist with strength and conditioning testing and training protocols, and lift and manipulate loads or weights up to 44 pounds.
2. Provide the evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal conditions. Treatment of patients with and without referrals
3. May be required to receive and maintain clinical practice privileges.
Additional Activities (included but not limited to):
- Provide musculoskeletal injury care utilizing approved supplemental clinical privileges including ordering of imaging studies, laboratory tests, basic pharmaceuticals, and referrals to specialty providers.
- Directly supervises the PT Technician and Physical Therapy Assistant within scope of practice.
- Participate in periodic meetings to review the care provided to patients. Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Serve as advisor to the HPP Manager on matters related to injury prevention, SM, and rehabilitation.
- Serve as an advisor to HPP Manager for administrative matters, purchasing of supplies and equipment and supplemental fiscal requests. Assist with short and long-term fiscal plans.
- Equipment, product and literature reviews to ensure up to date provisions of care. Ensures safe and operative equipment. Contributes to safe working environment.
- Provide input for the development and utilization for relevant databases.
- Peer record review.
- Collection and reporting of workload data.
- Assist in development and updating of criteria-based job descriptions and performance standards.
- Develop and promulgate training opportunities for HPP Staff to enhance career development, potential for advancement and to further professional expertise.
- Assist in development and maintenance of clinical practice guidelines to ensure consistency of care across all HPP facilities.