Purpose of Position:
Assess the needs of referred patients and formulate treatment plans including evaluations such as Range of Motion Test Evaluation, Cognitive Evaluation, Surface MG Evaluation, Wound Care Evaluation, Durable Medical Equipment Evaluation, Home Care Evaluation, Foot Care/Diabetic Screen Evaluation/ABI, EMM Evaluation, and School Evaluation; Conduct therapy to correct conditions that were revealed during the assessment.
Uphold the organization’s vision, mission, and corporate values. Demonstrate understanding of and compliance with organization’s policies, procedures, code of conduct and work rules.
- Provide therapy services defined in treatment plans including therapies such as Ultrasound/Phonophoresis, Mechanical Traction, Hot/Cold Therapy, Massage Therapy, Balance Rehabilitation, Nerve Conduction Velocity, Aquatic Rehabilitation, Cast/Splinting Techniques, Whirlpool (Portable/Stationary), Wound Care Treatment and Assistive Devices Treatment
- Cooperate with physicians, case managers, and other professionals in planning and conducting therapy leading the health restoration of the patient
- May supervise physical therapy assistants, aides, and other support staff as required
- Complete required documentation of physical therapy activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
All Norton Sound Health Corporation employees are expected to consistently demonstrate the organization’s values: integrity, cultural sensitivity and respect for traditional values, continual learning and improving, compassion, teamwork and pride. Employees are expected to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, accountability, cooperation with and consideration of others.
All Norton Sound Health Corporation employees are expected to have general knowledge of typical office technologies such as computers, printers, copiers, fax machines, and typical office software.
Job Specific knowledge is listed below:
- Knowledge of regulatory and practice standards of physical therapy
- Knowledge of assistive technology
Required Skills and Abilities:
All Norton Sound Health Corporation employees are expected to have a broad range of skills and abilities centered around a strong patient focus, efficient performance, and teamwork. All employees should have patient/customer service skills, interpersonal skills and good communication skills. All employees should have the ability to manage their time and organize their work to ensure efficient performance. In addition, all employees should have the ability to follow policy, procedure and instructions, actively communicate with their supervisors to ensure understanding and manage their work accordingly. Finally, all employees should have the ability to understand and manage patient/customer confidentiality.
Job specific skills and abilities are listed below:
- Skill at working effectively with federal and state governments to promote physical therapy programs
- Skill at integrating organizational goals
- Above average interpersonal skills
- Doctor (DPT) in Physical Therapy
- 6 years practice as a physical therapist
- Alaska Physical Therapy License and Basic Life Support certification
- Use hands and arms to operate office or clinical equipment
- Sit less than half the workday
- Stand and/or walk more than half the workday
- Bend, stretch, twist, crouch and/or reach
- View electronic monitors for prolonged periods of time
- Lift or carry unaided less than 25 pounds
- Push or pull using up to moderate force
- See and hear with normal acuity
- Work is conducted in a standard clinical environment to include exposure to latex, biohazrd or other harmful substances
- Minimal travel is required (less than 25% of the time)
- Travel is required via large aircraft
- Travel is required via small (less than 16 passenger) aircraft aircraft
Relocation package provided by employer