Purpose of Position:
Provide direct support, supervision, training and on-going evaluation of the CHA/Ps during training sessions, assist with field preceptorship and provide on-site support for the CHA/Ps, including medical supervision and evaluation and provide acute, chronic, emergency and preventive care to patients in our clinics.
Uphold the organization’s vision, mission, and corporate values. Demonstrate understanding of and compliance with organization’s policies, procedures, code of conduct and work rules.
- Teach didactic, medical and laboratory courses during training sessions, following learning objectives of the CHAP Basic Training Curriculum
- Prepare teaching objectives, use adult learning methods, and assist with preparation, proctoring and grading of test material
- Assist physicians with the performance of school physicals each year; may assist with radio medical traffic; consult with collaborative physician per State and Medical Staff requirements, and; provide direct patient care services in OPD one day per week
- Perform the preceptorship and recertification clinical evaluation of NSHC CHA/Ps. Provide clinical teaching to a level of medical knowledge crucial to the performance of job-related duties and facilitate CHA/P with obtaining an appropriate variety of patient encounters to maximize the clinical experience of Preceptorship and re-certification
- Arrange peer evaluation of teaching and lesson plans on a quarterly basis to ensure competence in subjects taught
- Monitor quality of CHA/P care and identifies training needs by participating in QURA program in the context of the clinical week of a Preceptorship or re-certification and supervise patient encounters during training
- Perform other duties as assigned.
All Norton Sound Health Corporation employees are expected to consistently demonstrate the organization’s values: integrity, cultural sensitivity and respect for traditional values, continual learning and improving, compassion, teamwork and pride. Employees are expected to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, accountability, cooperation with and consideration of others.
All Norton Sound Health Corporation employees are expected to have general knowledge of typical office technologies such as computers, printers, copiers, fax machines, and typical office software.
Job Specific knowledge is listed below:
- Knowledge of compliance (state, federal and corporate)
- Knowledge of the State of Alaska Health Aide Training program reguirements
Required Skills and Abilities:
All Norton Sound Health Corporation employees are expected to have a broad range of skills and abilities centered around a strong patient focus, efficient performance, and teamwork. All employees should have patient/customer service skills, interpersonal skills and good communication skills. All employees should have the ability to manage their time and organize their work to ensure efficient performance. In addition, all employees should have the ability to follow policy, procedure and instructions, actively communicate with their supervisors to ensure understanding and manage their work accordingly. Finally, all employees should have the ability to understand and manage patient/customer confidentiality.
Job specific skills and abilities are listed below:
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service to clients
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Bachelor's degree in Physician Assistant or Family Nurse Practitioner program
- 2 years performing work in a clinical health care practice
- Physician Assistant or Family Nurse Practitioner License
- Use hands and arms to operate office or clinical equipment
- Sit less than half the workday
- Stand and/or walk more than half the workday
- Bend, stretch, twist, crouch and/or reach
- View electronic monitors for prolonged periods of time
- Lift or carry unaided 25 to 50 pounds
- See and hear with normal acuity
- Work is conducted in a standard office environment and a standard clinical environment to include exposure to latex, biohazard or other harmful substances
- Moderate travel is required (between 25% and 50% of the time)
- Travel is required via large aircraft
- Travel is required via small (less than 16 passenger) aircraft aircraft
- Travel is required via snow mobiles, All Terrain Vehicles or boat
Relocation package provided by employer