The role of the Frac Driver is to safely deliver products, equipment and render outstanding service to our customers.
Local and Traveling
Employment or continued employment will be subject to the results of: Criminal Background Check Request, Credit History Report Request, Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) Request, Drug Test, and/or Random Drug Test.
Minimum Qualifications and Prerequisites:
- 1 + years experience of hauling bulk liquids is preferred.
- Must have a current CDL license with x endorsement (Tanker & HazMat certification)
- Has clean driving record for the last 3 years.
- Experienced commercial driver with Class A CDL (preferred) and TX Endorsements
- Must be 21 years of age in accordance with Section 391.11(b)(1) of FMCR
- Schedule must be flexible. May be asked to report to work early, stay late and/or work on weekends.
- Work day may range between 10 to 14+ hours a day.
- Work week may not exceed 70 hours per DOT guidelines. (oilfield exemption may apply)
- Some overnight or out of town travel may be required.
- Basic math and vocabulary - reading and writing
- Ability to work well under pressure and deal tactfully with others.
- Familiar with DOT Regulations
- Experience in a team-oriented work groups.
- Able to conform to shifting priorities, responsibilities, strategies, demands and timelines.
- Strong personal and customer service skills. Good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, multi-task, manage time, organize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct pre/post trip inspections of trucks and trailers, including the checking of tire pressures.
- Properly couple or uncouples combination units if equipment includes combination units
- Properly places the commercial vehicle in operation
- Properly uses the commercial motor vehicle’s controls and emergency equipment
- Operates the commercial motor vehicle in traffic and while passing other motor vehicles
- Use proper turning procedures while maneuvering the commercial vehicle
- Properly brakes and slows the commercial motor vehicle by means other than braking
- Properly Backs and parks the commercial motor vehicle
- Properly follows all DOT regulations, procedures and policies
- Accurately completes paperwork in a timely manner
- Proper use of safety equipment
- Responsible for safe and efficient loading of drums, case goods and bulk fuels, lubes and chemicals.
- Be responsible for loading and unloading at customer locations
- Follow the policies and procedures of our Customer’s operations and site
- Some mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Knowledge of forklift operation.
- Certified to operate the onboard crane and lift gate
- Willingness to comply with company and customer safety rules
- Understanding of or willingness to learn operations of utility cranes, and some troubleshooting.
- Be able to present a professional appearance and attitude. Abide by the company dress policy.
- Follow the Company’s accident and incident reporting procedures for any accident or spill on company property or third party’s property.
- Prior to doing a task, review procedures to determine the safest way of completing the task before conducting the task.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Ensure that all equipment, barrels, tanks, and tank stands are properly stored, strapped and secured before leaving a facility.
- Follow proper designated routes to your destination.
- If using a trailer, make sure the trailer is properly attached, safety chains in place, product or equipment properly secured, license plate secured and all lights are working.
- Keep the interior of the cab clean and free of clutter.
- Help maintain the exterior of the Frac truck, reporting any problems or issues and keep it clean.
- Use caution when maneuvering on and around the truck, platforms and lift gate at all times.
- Stay with the truck and equipment when loading and unloading - be visual and alert and do not become distracted from what you are doing.
- No smoking in or within 25’ of the vehicle or loading area according to DOT regulations.
- Follows all Haul Safe, Defensive Driving and Emergency and Evasive Maneuvering procedures and policies.
- When off loading to a tank, checks tank for proper ventilation.
- When off loading, checks tank to see if correct product will fit before unloading. Ensures the use of the right connections, and double checks to avoid product contamination or spills.
Founded in 1980, Thomas Petroleum, LLC has become a leading supplier of quality and competitively priced petroleum products, chemicals and...