Purpose of Position:
Provide direction and oversight for Point of Care Testing (POCT) for all NSHC divisions regarding Point of Care Testing (POCT); maintain licensure and provide reports.
Uphold the organization’s vision, mission, and corporate values. Demonstrate understanding of and compliance with organization’s policies, procedures, code of conduct and work rules.
- Maintain records, training documents and procedures for all POCT instruments
- Monitor compliance of Joint Commission standards and CLIA regulations
- Monitor POCT program efficiency, efficacy, costs and revenue
- Assist in performing and validating chemical, microscopic, morphologic, immunologic, and bacteriologic tests of body fluids and substances to provide data for diagnosis and treatment of disease
- Provide technical supervision and satisfy training needs as appropriate.
- Verify test procedures performed, accuracy of each test and test system as it pertains to the specialty assigned and report results
- Resolve technical problems, monitor test analysis and specimen examination for corrective action and communication to all testing personnel when necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned.
All Norton Sound Health Corporation employees are expected to consistently demonstrate the organization’s values: integrity, cultural sensitivity and respect for traditional values, continual learning and improving, compassion, teamwork and pride. Employees are expected to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, accountability, cooperation with and consideration of others.
All Norton Sound Health Corporation employees are expected to have general knowledge of typical office technologies such as computers, printers, copiers, fax machines, and typical office software.
Job Specific knowledge is listed below:
- Knowledge of laboratory operation, laboratory finance, logistcs and inventory management, laboratory instrument operation, use and maintenance
- Knowledge of proper testing procedures and reporting
Required Skills and Abilities:
All Norton Sound Health Corporation employees are expected to have a broad range of skills and abilities centered around a strong patient focus, efficient performance, and teamwork. All employees should have patient/customer service skills, interpersonal skills and good communication skills. All employees should have the ability to manage their time and organize their work to ensure efficient performance. In addition, all employees should have the ability to follow policy, procedure and instructions, actively communicate with their supervisors to ensure understanding and manage their work accordingly. Finally, all employees should have the ability to understand and manage patient/customer confidentiality.
Job specific skills and abilities are listed below:
- Above average written and oral communication skills
- Above average interpersonal skills and team building
- Above average attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree in Science
- 8 years performing clinical hospital laboratory work
- Nationally registered or licensed as a Medical Technologist; AMT (American Medical Technologist) or Medical Laboratory ScientistASCP (American Society of Clinical Pathology)
- Use hands and arms to operate office or clinical equipment
- Sit less than half the workday
- Stand and/or walk more than half the workday
- Bend, stretch, twist, crouch and/or reach
- View electronic monitors for prolonged periods of time
- Lift or carry unaided 25 to 50 pounds
- See and hear with normal acuity
- Work is conducted in a standard office environment
- Work is conducted in a standard clinical environment to include exposure to latex, chemical, biohazards or other harmful substances
- Some travel may be required
- Travel is required via large aircraft
- Travel is required via small (less than 16 passenger) aircraft aircraft
Relocation package provided by employer