The Roxbury Swim & Tennis Club, a seasonal outdoor club in Stamford, CT, is accepting applications for the Pool Manager for the 2013 summer season. The position is part-time from May 4th through June 23 and full-time from June 24 through September 2. The qualified applicant will have 2+ years experience performing a variety of duties including pool maintenance and management, member services, and event planning; and above all, have enthusiasm for making the pool a safe and fun place for members and guests. He/she reports directly to the General Manager and Pool Operations Board Chairperson.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a managerial role. Prior experience in a commercial pool or equivalent setting a plus.
- Bachelors degree required (degree in Recreation Administration a plus).
- Customer service and conflict management experience.
- Current certification in American Red Cross CPR and First Aid for the Professional Rescuer or American Heart Association Heart Saver CPR.
- Ability to work independently within established policies and procedures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office. Knowledge of online scheduling and/or Constant Contact e-mail marketing a plus.
- Ability to work outdoors in variable summer weather conditions for duration of work shift.
- Ability to lift and move up to 30 lbs. including but not limited to chairs, tables, market umbrellas, etc.
The Roxbury Swim & Tennis Club is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law.