Acadian Asset Management LLC is a Boston-headquartered investment management firm with wholly owned affiliates located in Singapore and London. As of March 31, 2013, the firm managed approximately US$57 billion on behalf of major pension funds, endowments, foundations, governments and other investors based in the U.S. and abroad.
As a senior member of the investment team, the Portfolio Manager will contribute to the management of quantitative equity portfolios at Acadian Asset Management. This person will conduct research to strengthen our investment process, manage our client portfolios, and respond to questions from clients and others. This person will interact with clients and other investors to explain strategies, review research, and measure and review portfolio performance. This position is located in Boston.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for the following duties:
- Management of equity portfolios, including improvements in the implementation of forecasts of risk and return and improvements in portfolio construction
- Marketing and client service, including presentations to Acadian's global client base
- Review and approval of trades and changes in portfolio exposures
The Portfolio Manager should have either a PhD in finance or a related field, or 5 or more years of experience conducting quantitative investment research and managing equity portfolios. In addition, the position requires:
- New ideas on how to add value in the context of a quantitative investment process
- Demonstrated expertise related to quantitative equity investing
- Consistency with Acadian’s structured and disciplined investment philosophy
- A willingness and ability to work in a collegial, result-focused environment
- Knowledge of analytical, statistical, programming or database tools; examples – Python (preferred), Matlab, MySQL, SQL, SAS, R
- Superior verbal communications skills, with the ability to conduct high level meetings with clients and prospects
- A willingness to travel up to 25 - 40% of time
It is the policy of Acadian Asset Management LLC to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, or sexual orientation.