RxSolutions is in search of Pharmacists in the Topeka, KS area for As Needed (PRN) shifts.
Working with our company on a PRN basis offers opportunities of a changing environment, scenery, pace as well as various challenges and experiences. As a hiring and staffing agency, we choose only the best and most reputable clients in the region to associate with. By working with established pharmacies in the area, our primary obligation is to serve our workers with ongoing commitment to quality assurance and satisfaction. After meeting the noted requirements below, apply and receive a call or interview in just a few short business days.
*Please note that the general requirements before applying to this position*
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy
- Current and good standing license in the state of Kansas
- Excellent communication skills (bilingual is a plus)
- Proficient analytical and problem solving skills
- 2+ Years of experience as a Pharmacist
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Execute day-to-day operations in the pharmacy as they pertain to workflow, production quotas,
2. Ensure that the pharmacy is in compliance with all local, state and federal rules and
regulations regarding the practice of pharmacy.
3. Assist in ensuring that the pharmacy is in compliance with all DEA policies and procedures as
set forth by client or the regulatory agency, whichever is stricter. Ensure that the pharmacy is
in compliance with all third party payer contract rules and regulations by which the pharmacy
4. Supervise the pharmacy production staff to ensure proper data entry, work flow, security of the
pharmacy area, and adherence to delivery schedules.
5. Screen all new medication orders for appropriate dose, drug interactions, allergies, and
contraindications prior to dispensing the medication.
6. Check for completeness and accuracy of all new and refill labels and orders. Check for content
and accuracy of all drug packaging and labeling.
7. Preparation and/or supervision of all sterile IV drug products or solutions (if applicable).
8. Proficient in the area of clinical interpretation; drug-drug, drug-disease, drug-food interactions
9. Ability to react quickly and calmly in emergencies.
10. Perform accurately and efficiently when dispensing prescription medications.