GreenLight Biosciences is seeking an exceptional, highly-motivated Process Development Lead to work on cutting edge technology in the renewable chemicals space. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the development and scale-up of an innovative bioproduction process in the context of one or more milestone-driven projects. Strong technical, organizational, and communication skills, as well as the ability to develop creative solutions to challenging problems, are essential.
- Lead and expand a team of fermentation scientists and engineers
- Design and implement bioreactor experiments and scalable control strategies for optimization of both cell-growth and proprietary bioproduction processes.
- Set up, operation, and routine maintenance of bioreactors ranging in size from bench scale to 100+ L. Purchase of new equipment based on technology innovation.
- Perform/Contribute to techno-economic analyses to bridge the gap between process development and commercial application.
- Monitor processes to ensure consistency and reliability. Work with team members in the development of protocols and guidelines for best practices to minimize process problems. Write SOPs and experimental protocols.
- Analyze/organize data and prepare comprehensive reports/presentations for team members and management to show progress along project timelines.
- Continuously contribute to the company’s intellectual property portfolio by routinely tracking and documenting results in laboratory notebooks and databases.
- Travel to contract manufacturing locations to assist in transferring processes and supervising runs.
- Administration including staff supervision, training, safety program leadership, and environmental compliance.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in biochemical engineering, chemical engineering, or industrial microbiology
- 5+ years experience in industrial fermentation and bioprocess development.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in an industrial setting.
- Experience with process modeling software (Superpro Designer, Aspen).
- Strong background in microbial culturing techniques with a deep understanding of microbial metabolism as well as bioreactor design and operating principles (e.g., mass transfer, heat transfer, and microbial kinetics).
- Experience with downstream processing is a plus.
- Highly-motivated with exceptional communication and teamwork skills.
Indeed - 30+ days ago