Process Engineer will be responsible for tracking of prototype components and assisting with the transition of these prototypes to production. This position will involve designing tooling and processes, analyzing work flow and machine capacity, and communicating information to machinists, engineers, managers and the customer. (Tasks listed are intended to be descriptive and not restrictive. An employee in this position may perform any of the tasks listed; however, these examples do not include all the tasks which an employee may be expected to perform.)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the starting, running and upgrading of manufacturing processes to maximize productivity without sacrificing quality requirements.
- Selecting, managing and working with sub-contractors.
- Analyzing problems and addressing RCCA’s using intuitive and analytical methods such as 8-D & 5 Why Analyses.
- Making observations and taking measurements directly, as well as collecting and interpreting data from existing product lines.
- Working directly with, and occasionally training manufacturing employees (operators, inspectors, and machinists) on the production floor.
- 4 year degree in industrial, mechanical, manufacturing, or materials engineering.
- Hands on mechanical and analytical experience.
- Sense of Urgency
- Ability to manage staff and follow through on process improvement procedures.
- Knowledge of SPC, FMEA, Lean and Six Sigma Principles helpful.
- Experience supervising staff is beneficial.
- Must pass background check and drug screen.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English.
KICC is proud to be an EEO and AAP employer. Veterans are highly encouraged to apply.