Kyocera Industrial Ceramics Corporation has an immediate opening for an engineering superstar in our Vancouver, WA Facility.
We are a leader in High tech Ceramic applications. KICC is growing and we need your help on a wide variety of projects. Innovative thinking and brainstorming with strong technical judgment is a must!
Bring your excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills as well as results driven personality to work on boosting our processes, yeild and efficiency. This role is VERY hands on - not a desk engineer.
Duties, Responsibilities and Purpose:
Process Engineer will be responsible for the improvement and implementation of Mfg procedures. This position will involve the setup of new production systems and the analyses of current systems and ceramic materials as determined by the engineering manager.
(Tasks listed are intended to be descriptive and not restrictive. An employee in this position may perform any of the tasks listed; however, these examples do not include all the tasks which an employee may be expected to perform.)
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee the starting, running and upgrading of manufacturing processes to maximize productivity without sacrificing quality requirements.
- Designing, installing and commissioning new production processes and tooling such as a mist collection system or press tooling design. To this end some hands on knowledge and design experience is beneficial.
- Selecting, managing and working with sub-contractors.
- Analyzing problems and addressing RCCA’s using intuitive and analytical methods such as 8-D & 5 Why Analyses.
- Making observations and taking measurements directly, as well as collecting and interpreting data from existing product lines.
- Performing evaluations and documenting results related to ceramic material evaluation.
- Taking ownership of projects and managing of results from cradle to grave with guidance from Sr Engineering.
- Working directly with, and occasionally training manufacturing employees (operators, inspectors, and machinists) on the production floor.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 4 year degree in engineering or related field including Materials Science.
- Hands on mechanical and analytical experience. We are not interested in a full-time desk engineer.
- Ability to manage staff and follow through on process improvement procedures.
- Knowledge of ceramic material processing and properties is preferred.
- Knowledge of FMEA, Lean and Six Sigma Principles helpful.
- Experience supervising staff is beneficial.
- Must pass background check and drug screen.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English.
This position may provide supervision to other employees and/or temporary staff, and operate under the direction of an engineering manager.
- Work is performed mostly in a production floor hands-on setting.
- Work is generally preformed Monday through Friday. 8-10 hour days are typical
- Position is considered salaried/ exempt.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time, periodically bending, lifting and twisting. May be required to reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Keyboarding may require repetitive use of wrists, hands, and fingers, and frequently applying force to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects.
- Be physically mobile within lab/setting, assemble papers, keyboarding, staple, file, photocopy, apply sufficient force to open and close file drawers, operate machinery, measure items.
- Must be able to communicate by oral speech, writing and hearing in person and/or by phone in a businesslike, professional manner.
This is an ITAR controlled work enviroment. Applicants should be a US National, eligible to work in the US without sponsership.
Kyocera Industrial Ceramics Corp. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kyocera Corporation. Our company is a leading manufacturer of high tech ceramic which is used in a variety of industries including aerospace, automotive, industrial applications, and semiconductor processing. We have an excellent benefit package which includes Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, pension and 401K with company match.
For more information, visit us at www.kyocera.com.
KICC is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free work environment requiring all employees to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check. Local candidates are strongly preferred.