The Gear Pump Product Manager is responsible for managing the PSG Industrial Gear Pump product portfolio throughout the product lifecycle from planning to execution in support of organizational strategy and objectives. Reporting to the Senior Director of Business Development, the responsibilities of this position include the development of a comprehensive product growth strategy, support of the global sales effort, and development of new products for the company. This position drives new product development from existing ideas, and helps to develop new ideas based on their industry experience and contact with customers and prospects. They must work with the market to understand problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market. The Gear Pump Product Manager must possess a blend of business and technical knowledge; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute the product growth and profitability strategies for the PSG Industrial Gear Pump product portfolio.
- Develop and maintain through Product Management, a global product portfolio that supports the market and customer penetration objectives of the global sales team. This includes: product pricing and margin maintenance; life cycle planning for enhancement and obsolescence; product forecasts, inventory guidance and cost targets.
- Create, develop and execute Business Development Initiatives and Client Account Plans globally
- Determine new product needs for global markets, vertical segments, and international markets. Define new product opportunities including business plans, product life cycle plans, financials and proposals. Establish product specifications and design targets for new products with Director of Engineering.
- Work with International Manufacturing Centers and Grand Terrace VP/GM to select products for local manufacturing and assist in setting up.
- Maintain market focus by regular contact with customers, sales and marketing as needed. This includes responsibility for conducting distributor and end user training in conjunction with PSG Grand Terrace technical staff. Work closely with PSG Sales management to providing forums to interact with distributor organizations in identifying growth opportunities and identifying new product development ideas.
- Build and maintain effective client relationships; ensure best practice application; manage client feedback program.
- Assist with other strategic projects and related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or related field, with demonstrated engineering / technical experience
- Experience working with distribution and end user customers. Proven ability to develop and maintain productive, professional relationships
- Experience and understanding of Gear pump technology
- Experience working with International customers and ability to work with other cultures
- High proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Domestic and International travel as required
- Ability to perform in a dynamic environment
- Highly organized and efficient in approaching tasks
- Clear, concise and articulate communication skills - verbal, written and listening
- Interfaces with wide array of individuals, balances multiple tasks and maintains positive attitude and energy
- Strong team player, work ethic and commitment to win
Dover PSG will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the US. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Wilden Pump is a designer and manufacturer of air-operated, double-diaphragm pumps and accessories. Some of the industries served include;...