Product Manager - Reporting
mSpot is music. We're a rapidly growing and vibrant company driven by a vision to deliver the ultimate mobile entertainment to our customers ANYWHERE. We're responsible for the innovative online cloud service where people can store music and movies and access them whenever they want, and we are revolutionizing the viewing and listening experience. We already have a global music catalog with over 19 million titles. If you haven't heard of us yet, you're about to!
In this position you'll be a critical member of the Marketing team. We are still growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity to design and build something new.
Reporting to the V.P. of Marketing, the "Product Manager -- Reporting" will be responsible for mSpot's worldwide reporting function. These reports will be used to manage mSpot's business and influence mSpot's product roadmap, and will also be shared with our business partners as a measure of how our products are performing.
- Lead reporting requirements, making recommendations and gaining agreement from Product Management, Marketing and Senior Management
- Understand mSpot services at a detailed level, including page flows
- Provide detailed reporting specs and metrics to Engineering
- Work closely with engineering to produce usage, payment, flow tracking, cohort, etc. reports
- Use 3rd party reporting tools (i.e. Google Analytics, Omniture, etc.) to complement internal suite of reporting tools
- Collaborate with Engineering & QA teams to validate reports
- Train others on how to use reports to meet business objectives
Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone who will be a strong team player with the ability to learn quickly, take initiative and be accountable. The candidate will have a proven track record of being a strong communicator, leader and presenter, of being analytical and detail-oriented.
- BS/BA Degree (technical degree preferred)
- Proven ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- Track record of achieving excellence within a rapidly changing environment
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous experience with a Business Intelligence firm
- Expert using 3rd party analytic tools (such as Google Analytics, Omniture, Webtrends, etc.)
mSpot became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics in May of this year, combining the nimble outlook of a small company with the resources and reach of a major electronics leader. We've partnered with major film studios, music labels, media companies, and all major carriers and handset manufacturers to ensure client satisfaction. We're located in Palo Alto, the epicenter of innovation. If you're creative, fun, hardworking and ready to revolutionize the mobile music and entertainment industry, contact us now - we'd love to meet you!