Kyocera Industrial Ceramics Corporation has a key opening in our manufacturing team. In this role, the scheduler will work with production supervisors, purchasing, and operators to plan work flow through our large machine shop. Production scheduling aims to maximize the efficiency of the operation and reduce costs. This role involves manufacturing knowledge, shop floor management, and use of ERP tools, like SAP software, to plan and change production routings.
Duties, Responsibilities and Purpose:
The production scheduler is responsible for setting up work orders for the Vancouver production floor. Both production runs and prototype samples will be scheduled on the shop floor to comply with customer delivery requirements. Scheduling activities (including prototypes) must be documented in SAP in an accurate and timely manner.
Interfacing with machining department supervisor and machinist leads for shop floor scheduling of work orders and equipment. The scheduler will also communicate daily with customer service staff and sales engineers on delivery schedules. A minimum of 90% on time delivery must be maintained.
(Tasks listed are intended to be descriptive and not restrictive. An employee in this position may perform any of the tasks listed; however other duties may be assigned.)
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates independent decision making skills on day to day scheduling tasks.
- Update Sales Departments on an ongoing basis with current schedule and any schedule changes.
- Quote Lead Time and Cost for all Sales Production Orders.
- Create and present schedule in daily and weekly meetings and timely distribution to appropriate production staff.
- Receives order from SAP. Addresses questions or missing information with production, engineering and QA staff.
- Creates Work Orders per sales orders and requirements.
- Ensures that runs are prioritized for on time delivery and that raw material is available as schedules are created.
- Understands profit policies of the company and importance of On Time Delivery (OTD)
- Schedule production runs to ensure parts are produced and delivered on time. Works with Production Manager and supervisor to schedule production orders for maximum machine utilization and in concert with available machines and staffing;
- Monitors blank inventory and updates production board daily
- Coordinates tool retrievals and paperwork; maintains clean and organized blank storage area
- Maintain and update OTD reports, OTD Paretos, OTD Improvement plans;
- Confers with engineers, machinists, programmers, or others to resolve machining or inspection errors.
- Other duties as assigned;
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- 4 year BS degree desired, but 2 year associate will be considered
- 2 year minimum experience in a manufacturing environment desired.
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug test.
- Ability to read, write and understand directions in English.
- Ability to read blue prints.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10lbs, occassionally lift and/or move up to 45 lbs.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in SAP, MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have a sense of urgency and take ownership of actions.
- Reports to Production or Plant Manager
- Work is preformed primarily in a manufacturing and/or warehouse setting.
- Most work is completed onsite.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. Ear protection and dust masks may be required.
- Position is salaried exempt.
- PPE equipment will be provided by the company.
- Safety shoes are required on the production floor; open toed shoes are not allowed in the warehouse or lab.
- The work area is clean and heated. Machines are in safe working condition.
Kyocera Industrial Ceramics Corp. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kyocera Corporation. Our company is a leading manufacturer of high tech ceramic which is used in a variety of industries including aerospace, automotive, industrial applications, and semiconductor processing. We have an excellent benefit package which includes Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, pension and 401K with company match.
For more information, visit us at www.kyocera.com.
- We are not interested in consulting services and this position will be filled with a full time, regular employee. Please do not respond to this posting with recruitment services or consultancy offers.
Kyocera values diversity in its workforce and encourages minorities, women, and veterans to apply.
KICC IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER