The purpose of this position is to plan, direct and coordinate the work of bakery employees, resulting in safe and efficient shift operations, high quality products produced on-time, and a motivating work environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Meet Production and Packaging Goals
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production of bakery products
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Work with other production supervisors and production management to improve production efficiencies, minimize waste and drive out costs.
- Confer with other supervisors and shift leaders to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
Monitor and Measure Work
- Calculate labor and equipment requirements and production specifications, using standard formulas.
- Maintain operations data such as time, production, and cost records, and prepare management reports of production results.
- Observe work, and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
- Provide written reports of issues, problems and/or observations on a daily basis.
- Confer with management, co-workers and/or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Demonstrate positive leadership practices including setting clear goals with shift leads and employees, providing regular feedback, and contributing to a positive and motivational work environment.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Educational Background and Experience
1. Two-year associate degree, vocational training, or equivalent experience required.
2. Minimum of three years of experience in bakery production supervision.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
3. Functional and Technical Skills: Minimum three years in bakery production required; working familiarity with MS Office Products required
Personal and Interpersonal Skills
4. Excellent communications skills required, including active listening and effective speaking
5. Managing Diversity: Proven ability to work with a variety of people, based not only on legally-protected classifications but also differences in communication styles, learning styles and other differences
6. Motivating Others: Demonstrated skill in contributing to a motivating work environment
7. Ethics and Values: Demonstrated ability to maintain the highest ethical standards in the work environment
8. Integrity and Trust: Demonstrated skill in earning and keeping co-worker and direct reports’ trust
Indeed - 13 months ago