Job Title: Program Specialist
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Part-time) 20 hours
Department: Program Services
Reports To: Director of Program Services
Position Summary: Responsible for development, implementation and evaluation of girl program opportunities. Assume all responsibility for regional girl programs including but not limiting to special events, special interest groups, ongoing programs, travel programs and other council-wide program opportunities. Ensure the development, extension, maintenance, and retention of girl membership that accomplishes council goals and objectives.
- BA in Management, Business, Recreation or related field is preferred.
- Demonstrated administrative, organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to relate well with people from a variety of economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Reliable transportation and telephone.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Strong problem-solving/conflict resolution skills.
- Strong public speaking skills and ability to write with a professional context.
- Knowledge of program planning and coordination.
- Knowledge of statistical reporting, record keeping and scheduling.
- Knowledge of computer programs: Word, Excel, and ability to learn new programs as warranted.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Ability to make a commitment to the philosophy of Girl Scouts, both nationally and locally.
- Membership in GSUSA is required yearly.
- Promote and support the Girl Scout programming philosophies of the GSUSA & GSCTX.
- Develop, implement and coordinate large-scale events based on the GSUSA program portfolio.
- Identify and work with community collaborators to set up event opportunities for troops and service units that compliment Girl Scout Journey curriculum, help girls to earn badges, or provide girls with leadership opportunities.
- Work with program team to create collaborator resource guides for membership which would list collaborators and their event offerings, prices, locations and contact information.
- Maintain a broad base of community contacts and positive community relations by meeting with and speaking to individuals, and groups to promote Girl Scouting in the community.
- Ensure events, projects and trips are planned, budgeted and carried out within approved Council goals, objectives and safety standards.
- Develop and manage an active volunteer program committee to support area-wide events, interest groups and travel opportunities.
- Provide quality customer service that resolves concerns by offering creative solutions in a timely manner.
- Model behavior consistent with the mission and purpose of Girl Scouting.
- Work with volunteer teams, troop leaders, girls, staff and other groups to design, implement and evaluate council-sponsored program activities based on girls’ needs and interests.
- Ensure inclusiveness in program participation.
- Provide guidance, interpretation and updates to staff and volunteers on girl program and safety materials, and their adaptation for local use as necessary and appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with Membership Department and overall Council Staff to provide cooperative retention, recruitment and training opportunities.
- Adhere to the policies of Girl Scouts of Central Texas and promote girl scouting in a positive manner to the public as well as to all internal and external customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending and twisting upper body.
- Capable of lifting up to 30lbs.
- Capable of viewing computer monitor for long periods.
- Continuous indoor activity and exposure to florescent light.
- Frequent exposure to computer, video, and other copier emissions.
- Some outdoor activities and exposure to weather.
OTHER WORKING CONDITIONS
- Continuous requirement for professional demeanor and appropriate office attire.
- A criminal background check is required.
- Continuous work as a team member and ability to work independently with some supervision.
- Frequent work under stress and under pressure of deadlines with overlapping projects.
- Continuous ability to work well with others.
Important Note: The information contained in this job description is intended to outline the general nature and scope of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. It is not intended to be construed as a contract, or as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and capabilities required of a person employed in this capacity. Job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of the Girl Scouts of Central Texas.
Girl Scouts of Central Texas is an EOE Employer
Indeed - 13 months ago
Our mission as Girl Scouts of Central Texas is to build girls of courage, confidence and character who make the world a better place. As the...