Public Relations Specialist
AugustineIdeas is currently looking for an experienced Public Relations Specialist to support its continued growth. The Public Relations Specialist is passionate about planning and communicating the strategy for PR campaigns and events, which represent a positive company or client image to the general public, clients, shareholders and the community. This person oversees preparation and dissemination of press releases and articles; coordinates media events; and directs the strategy, pitching, writing, editing and publishing of company and client public relations campaigns. It is also imperative that this person has an understanding of social media as it relates to professional public relations campaigns.
This position will be responsible for developing strategy and proposals for integrated digital services, including web development, social media engagement, mobile marketing, SEO, SEM, display advertising, and eMarketing. This employee will be responsible for taking high level campaign strategy and concepts and translating this information into integrated digital advertising campaigns which are focused on client goals and are tracked to Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) related to measures of success for the client. This employee will then track, monitor, measure, and analyze the results of each campaign and compile reports for internal use and client reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Strategizes, recommends, develops, implements and evaluates a wide range of media projects, including client and company case studies, articles, editorial content for submission to publications, story pitches and op-ed pieces.
- Ensures development of effective communication strategies and drives high-impact PR execution by using national and regional media contacts, social marketing sites and a variety of other means.
- Effectively communicates message to client, mainstream and industry press.
- Implements campaign strategy and sees it though from inception to delivery.
- Ensures press release & media alert writing is creative and timely.
- Coordinates, plans & implements creative and visionary events.
- Develops contacts and relationships with media representatives to create opportunities for keeping the company and its products or services in front of public and key industry leaders.
- Coordinates press coverage and press events; schedules interviews with appropriate company or client experts as necessary.
- Writes proficiently on a number of industry topics; edits and proofreads; and can write in AP style.
- Thrives in the creative development & strategy of event planning.
- Plans, assigns and directs work; mentors and sets goals; appraises performance; coaches employees.
- In-depth knowledge of traditional and digital publications, especially the role of social media and SEO in public relations.
- Strong understanding of crisis communications and event planning.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; 5 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Team player with the confidence and integrity to earn client and internal team confidence quickly.
- Ability to work effectively within a highly collaborative and interconnected environment.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written skills are required.
AugustineIdeas is an award-winning, integrated marketing and communications agency based in Roseville, California. If you have a desire to grow with a dynamic company, make a major difference within the organization, have great advancement opportunities and thrive on working in a fast-paced, exciting environment, then this opportunity with AugustineIdeas may be for you. Visit us online to learn more www.AugustineIdeas.com.
EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE INCLUDES
Medical/Dental/Vision insurance coverage - 100% paid for the employee
Vacation and Sick time
401(k)/Profit Share/Pension plan with company match
**No relocation package available
Please send resumes with desired salary requirements
No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer