Title: Python Developer
Location: Hartford, CT area
Type: Long Term Contract (6 months plus)
Pay Rate: Negotiable. Client wants to know current compensation and desired comp (hourly rate, or base plus bonus if applicable).
This is an on-site position and you must be able to work as our W2 hourly consultant or on a 1099 basis only, no 3rd party agencies please.
Global health services company seeking talented individuals. See below. The client is hot to hire for these positions so please reply ASAP.
My client is building a CMS department that is charged with moving critical company content to all of their constituent's. End recipients of this content are the company's policyholder(s), members, and providers. These recipients number in the tens of millions. My client is in a race with other organizations in their field to push and pull content from these end users.
Competitive pressure combined with Federal Requirements to make this information readily available for recipients has created a need to build a powerful CMS department within their organization. This is an exciting area that will afford key employees the ability to use cutting edge industry technology and reward key contributors with upward mobility within a progressive organization.
The candidate should be capable of making sound software design given a project spec, and implementing with production quality.
- Professional experience in C++ or Java. Proficient in Object-Oriented design and design patterns.
- Solid skills in some or all of the following: Python, socket programming, multi-thread programming, MySQL, Linux.
- Professional experience in designing industrial applications on distributed computing platforms. Experience in building fault-tolerant application protocols on top of TCP or HTTP is preferred.
- Demonstrated records in handling complexity in design and implementation of real-world applications.
- Strong logical thinking and problem solving ability.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, willing to learn and team player.
- 3rd Party API integration (as in the "Mapping and Navigation – Google Maps, MapQuest, ArcGIS, GPS)
- Data mapping
- Use Case diagrams
- User/System flows
- User Interface mapping (name/value pairs to screen, etc)
Supplemental skills desired (Not required. This experience is a big plus but it will not eliminate a candidate if you don’t have any of the skills below):
- Web Services
- IBM WAS (Websphere)
- IHS (IBM HTTP Server)