XAP Corporation, the industry leader in developing and providing students and adults with the online tools to explore careers and explore, plan, and apply to colleges and universities, is seeking a Quality Assurance Automation Engineer to join their Culver City team. The company pioneered the development of the electronic college application, the electronic transcript, and Internet-based student management systems enabling students to apply to college online.
The Position: Reporting to the Manager of Quality Assurance, the Quality Assurance Automation Engineer develops and establishes quality assurance standards, procedures and measures to ensure that business requirements are testable and verifiable as identified by the product manager. This professional will focus in test automation, design, implement and maintain automation suites, automation roadmaps for tracking defects and fixes. He/she will work as a member of the Quality Assurance team that will provide technical leadership, improve tools and processes to maximize efficiency, business investments, and meet deadlines.
The Responsibilities: Agile and customer-focused (both internal and external) Quality Assurance is critical to maintaining XAP’s position as a market leader. While not all-inclusive, specific responsibilities in this role include:
- Reproduce and validate expected behavior of all production defects found
- Create, verify, and close defects for new feature development on the defect tracking system
- Plan, create, maintain, and execute test plans, test cases, automated test scripts and project plans based on the analysis of business requirements and technical specifications.
- Document, track, and communicate test results to product management and client services teams
- Perform functional, system, and regression testing for all feature development on testing, staging, and production environments.
- Analyze current coding practices and processes and recommend strategies conducive to improve testability of the code
- Working with analysts, team members, and stakeholders, create automation roadmaps for software applications; communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information
- Work independently with minimal supervision and provide leadership and mentoring to associated Quality Assurance Analysts
- Cultivates and disseminates knowledge of Quality Assurance and best practices
- Participates on planning, testing, and coordinating end-user reviews and UAT for modified new software applications.
- Multitask between concurrent projects, as needed
- Work effectively with a remote development team, as needed
- Work with product management to understand product direction
- Must show significant experience in the following:
- Relational databases and SQL
- Defect tracking systems
- Software development life cycle
- Defect life cycle
- Testing Methodologies
- Testing Strategies
- Test plans and Test case creation
- Black box testing
- Cross-browser testing
- Release management
- Team Foundation Server
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a computer – related field and/or five (5) years of equivalent experience in computer science, programming or Web development is required.
Experience: The ideal candidate should possess:
- 5-7 years of experience in the testing of software products
- Strong hands-on experience using white box, black box, function, automation and performance testing
- Working knowledge of the creation and maintenance of traceability matrices
- Web-based automation using selenium; including cross-browser testing
- Hands on experience using SQL and various RDBMS
- 3-5 years of performance testing experience
- The following experience would also be beneficial:
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodology
- Strong experience with automation tools, and automation framework such as Selenium and JMeter
- Working experience on 508 compliance
- Experience on career exploration/education software a plus
- Experience providing technical mentoring to other associates
Qualities and Attributes: The professional on this role must possess a “can do” attitude and the ability to analyze data logically and exercise sound judgment in defining, evaluating, and solving difficult administrative, organizational, technical, or operational problems where solutions may be of a precedent-establishing nature. He/she will also possess excellent oral and written communication skills to present technical information to both business and technology teams with clarity and precision. Individual must be comfortable to work in high pressure situations and maintain confidentiality, when appropriate.
Job Type: This is an exempt position.