TITLE: Corporate Quality Assurance Manager
LOCATION: Winchester, VA
REPORTS TO: Director of Manufacturing Quality
Define, develop, report and manage manufacturing documents, specifications, and processes to ensure standardization and control. Position is an addition to headcount due to company growth.
- Design and build document management/recordkeeping system for all manufacturing processes.
- Develop standard work policies, job aids, and process communications in a technical writer capacity.
- Document control practices, managing documents, and work instructions vital to compliance program.
- Implement, maintain and communicate Statistical Process Control (SPC) within the framework of the CI program. Audit projects to manage corrective action and drive process improvement.
- Use process mapping, LEAN, and 6 Sigma Solve to correct problems where standardization is lacking.
- Support compliance specifications by:
- Providing written and/or visual quality specifications.
- Measuring key quality indicators and publish results. Providing feedback on quality issues.
- Maintaining quality policies, manuals and updates.
- Promoting continuous improvement of problem prevention skills/application.
- Serve as a back-up for the Director of Manufacturing Quality as needed.
- Manage one-to-two direct reports.
- Regular interface with Engineers, Manufacturing Teams, and Training Specialist.
- Undergraduate degree in Science or Engineering (Industrial or Mechanical).
- 5+ years experience in a quality, manufacturing or production management position.
- Experience in Corrective Action Systems, PFMEA, PPAP, and APQP required.
- ISO, SPC, 6 Sigma, TQM preferred to recognize quality systems/software to support such systems while focusing on standardization.
- Technical writing background with emphasis on policy and procedure writing.
Relocation assistance provided.
Excellent career growth opportunities with this growing, US based manufacturer.
Indeed - 21 months ago
American Woodmark Corporation is a leading manufacturer and distributor of kitchen and bath cabinets for the remodeling and new home...