Kyocera Industrial Ceramics Corporation has an immediate opening in our Vancouver, WA production facility for a Quality Manager.
Position is responsible for:
-leading the Quality team in the implementation, maintenance and improvement of the Quality Management System.
-Position is also responsible for acting as a customer representative for customer base quality teams. This is especially prevalent in aerospace and SPE applications.
-Position also participates as the quality representative in regulatory and customer audits ( approx. 6- 10 per year) of the QMS.
- oversee NDT, testing and calibration teams;
- strong application of Quality tools such as audit schedules, SPC, FMEA, Control plans, DMR
_Administer and monitor the Corrective Action Request program (CAR); serve on the CAR review board;
- Assist mechanical engineers with coordination of statistical process Control ( SPC) on the manufacturing floor
- Design review and interaction with engineering and quality staff daily;
-Process control and monitoring of the Preventative Maintenance schedule, ISO 9001 schedules and related programs;
-Assist with 14001 Environmental compliance audits and related reporting; work with 18001 and TS compliance teams;
- supervise quality engineers, quality assistant and calibration technicians;
- Participation and trainer for SSQA audit, and other related QMS audits;
- Training and auditing of CE and Lam POR classes. Review of current training programs and development of adequate methods for evaluating training program effectiveness
-Assist in development and revision of manufacturing technique cards;
-Daily use of SAP software to further implement QMS into SAP format
-Setting the standard for the implementation, maintenance and improvement of the entire QMS
-Will work closely with production supervisors, engineering staff, and shipping daily;
Skills, Education, and Experience:
8+ years in Quality Manager or Quality engineer role
4 year degree in engineering or related field beneficial but not required
Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings at the blueprint level; comprehensive
Ability to work well with other people, both externally and internally
Computer skills: highly proficient with MS office, customer websites, SAP
Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
Ability to speak verbally and hear. Vision required in the job includes close vision and reading a computer screen and digital tools
Must be able to lift, occasionally, up to 40 pounds, bend and lift, stoop, climb stairs, kneel, crouch or crawl
Tools and Equipment:
Laptop computer, printer, fax and copy machines, FPI Lab equipment, and computer software including: MS Office, Adobe, and SAP, e-mail, scanners, calculators and telephones.
- Operates under the direction of Vice President of Production and cooperatively with Production management.
- Work is performed in an office and production floor setting. Some meetings may be off site
- Employee may be required to travel up 15%
- Position is considered salaried/ exempt
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Require repetitive use of wrists, hands, and fingers; and frequently applying force to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects
- Must be able to communicate by oral speech, writing and hearing in person and/or by phone in a businesslike, professional manner
- Some work is completed on the production floor and/or inspection lab
- PPE Equipment will be provided by the company
- Safety shoes are required on the production floor, open toed shoes are not allowed in the warehouse or lab
- The work area is clean and heated, machines are in safe working condition
Kyocera Industrial Ceramics Corp. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kyocera Corporation. Our company is a leading manufacturer of high tech ceramic which is used in a variety of industries including aerospace, automotive, industrial applications, and semiconductor processing. We have an excellent benefit package which includes Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, pension and 401K with company match.
For more information, visit us at www.kyocera.com.
- We are not interested in consulting services and this position will be filled with a full time, regular employee. Please do not respond to this posting with recruitment services or consultancy offers.
Kyocera values diversity in its workforce and encourages minorities, women, and veterans to apply.
KICC IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER