Pierre’s Ice Cream Company has been dishing up gourmet ice cream for more than 80 years! We are currently seeking an experienced, organized, self-directed Quality Assurance Supervisor to join our outstanding team.
We offer a pleasant work environment, as well as a competitive salary and benefit plan. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability and a 401(k) plan with Company match.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in maintaining and upholding the HACCP and SQF programs
- Perform and complete all microbiological and chemical testing procedures on raw materials and finished goods
- Perform and manage environmental and allergen swabbing programs
- Maintain accurate production records and lab testing records using efficient record retention methods
- Create and maintain nutritional information using the Genesis nutritional labeling system
- Manage inspections and schedules for Kosher, Food Safety, and Regulatory inspections
- Work closely with Production and Maintenance Managers to ensure safe, quality production of products
- Weekend support and on-call 24/7 as needed.
- Attend both on-site & off-site training sessions as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. in Food Science or related field and / or 5-10 years experience in food manufacturing environment.
- Solid knowledge of OSHA, ODA, USDA regulations. High experience in GMPs, HACCP, and SQF programs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel, Internet Explorer) and SAP software
- Solid analytical skills.