Provide technical support, quality assurance and quality system objectives in addition to communications with plant management and operations personnel in a fast paced laboratory environment.
*APPLICANTS MUST APPLY USING THE LINK BELOWAND COMPLETE THE TEST FOLLOWING THE APPLICATION TO BECOME ELIGIBLE FOR THIS POSITION*
- Perform various chemical tests accurately and in a timely manner and keep accurate records of the results.
- Interpret the results of various chemical test and make necessary batch adjustments to product specification
- Communicate information and written reports to various departmental personnel throughout the company or to customers
- Suggest and participate in improvement programs
- Perform instrument calibration and maintain various laboratory equipment according to IS 9001 requirements
- Prepare test solutions, compounds, or reagents for laboratory tests
- Plan, conduct, or analyze research
- Assist in development of ideas to promote to customers
- Support paperwork and communication with customer(s) s for raw material specifications to potential suppliers and prepare/maintain purchase agreements.
- Coordinate with Operations, Technical Support, Quality and others to assure correct levels of inventory, standards of quality and projected needs
- Maintain files of approved customer(s)s, customer specs, technical data sheets, MSDS, catalogues, brochures Initiate customer non-conformances and resolve customer issues in a timely manner
- Support others within the Quality Department as needed.
- Must be able to work independently with colleagues as required.
- Must be able to handle related duties as needed. Must be amenable to shift work and overtime when needed.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly work area.
- Use gas spectroscopy, mass spectroscopy, HPLC or similar instrumentation
- Write technical reports
- Confer with research personnel to develop or modify design
- Develop, improve, or customize products, equipment, and formulas
- Induce changes in composition of substances
- B.S. in Chemistry or closely related field
- Strong customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a group environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing schedules and hours.
- Available to work overnight shifts.
- Fluent in English
- Good Attention to detail
Indeed - 15 months ago
A chemical manufacturing firm in Chicago is seeking a highly motivated individual with a positive attitude, a strong dedication to hard work...