Job Title: Quality Control/QA/Safety Specialist II
Job #: 51-922-031113
Where: White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico
Pay Rate: $17.00 per hour
Benefits: Full Benefits
Work Schedule: Full Time, Day Shift
Posting Date: March 11, 2013
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Quality Control/QA/Safety Specialist 2 will assist the QC/Safety Manager, QA/QC/Safety Specialist 1 and Project Manager to examine workmanship and documentation for conformity to established quality and safety requirements. This position will also be responsible for implementing effective safety programs and ensuring all applicable safety standards are met.
- Assist in development, implementation, and monitoring quality control and safety programs to ensure compliance with contract requirements.
- Ensure the customer receives a quality product/service that is defect free.
- Assist with performing inspections on completed contract units and documentation to ensure final product meets quality specifications.
- Assist with reviewing maintenance documents, historical files, and inspection records to note any trends or recurring discrepancies for initiating corrective action plans.
- Ensure all SOPs and ISO processes are meeting contractual guidelines.
- Maintain professionalism in both appearance and demeanor.
- National Safety Council ~ Safety Professional Certification
- 24-Hour HAZWOPER course fulfills OSHA requirements listed under CFR 1910.120
- OSHA ~ 40 Total Course Hours
Must be able to pass a national background check and obtain a CAC card.
Valid State Driver License. Must be able to obtain and maintain coverage by Skookum’s insurance company.
People with disabilities will be given first preference in compliance with our NISH contract.
A Skookum application is required (may be accompanied by a resume). Please visit our website at www.skookum.org to apply online or print out an application.
Return applications to:
PO Box 5359
Bremerton, WA 98312
Phone: (360) 475-0756
Fax: (360) 475-0759 Skookum is an Equal Opportunity Employer