Spectrum Plastics Group is a growing company with big company ideas and accountability. We take pride in quickly turning engineering concepts from our customers into high quality products. Our locations in Minnesota, Connecticut, and Colorado allow a breadth and depth of services to our customers.
Opportunity Overview and Accountabilities
Great service and great products start with our employees and we currently have an open opportunity for a Quality Engineer. We do not settle. We want the right person for this incredible opportunity. Is this you?
- Are you looking to work for a growing company?
- Do you have the ability to change and modify as necessary to meet customer requirements?
- Are you team-oriented and thrive in an environment with defined goals and direction?
- Are you Accountable, Process-Driven, Customer Focused with a Can-do Attitude?
The Quality Engineer position will focus on planning and conducting activities to ensure operational processes and quality requirements meet customer expectations and company goals.
- Identify customer quality requirements and develop inspection methods and plans to support their achievement.
- Manage internal and external quality issues for their assigned market team in order to achieve team goals.
- Provide support to engineering, inspection, manufacturing, and sales functions to achieve SPG and team goals.
- Analyze inspection data for evidence that manufacturing and inspection processes are functioning properly. Initiate corrective/preventive action when necessary.
- Process incoming, in-process, finished, and customer returned discrepant material according to the Discrepant Material Report, and corrective action procedures. Hold daily MRB meetings for rejected product.
- Read, analyze, and interpret blueprints, quality manuals, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations as appropriate.
- Define problems, perform root cause analysis, choose and implement solutions, and test their effectiveness.
- Apply and understand process and gauging qualification methods, statistical sampling theory, and statistical process control methods.
- Understand applicable quality principles including, but not limited to, statistics, sampling management, blueprint reading, metrology, quality planning techniques, and closed loop corrective action.
- 2 – 5 years work experience in a Quality Engineering role
- Degree in a related field or relevant experience with equivalent qualifications
- Proficient in GD&T and metrology. Able to follow assembly instructions, develop inspection plans and evaluate CMM programs. Gage R&R preferred.
- Ability to use metrology and statistical methods to diagnose and correct improper quality control practices, with experience in CMM Programming, GD&T, Gage R&R and Inspection Plan development
- Demonstrated successful application of analytical quality tools including Six Sigma, Lean, SPC
- Communication: Ability to internally and externally discuss and clearly define key technical and process development issues and independently develop course of action/plans
- Strong technical writing skills and ability to create technical protocols and reports as well as manufacturing/inspection procedures
- Interpersonal: Ability to cooperate and support team members and ability to coordinate interdepartmental activities and to resolve individual conflicts and issues.
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Paid bereavement and jury duty leave
We are looking for the right person for this incredible opportunity. If you meet the minimum position requirements and you have been saying to yourself, “this is the perfect job for me!” then we look forward to receiving your application materials.
All requested items must be completed to be considered for this position. Apply using the link below. You’ll need to submit the following items:
- A Cover Letter detailing how you meet the position requirements
- Salary Expectations
Follow this link to apply: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=3606251
Only qualified candidates will be considered for this position.
Spectrum Plastics Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, religion, age, national origin, gender, marital status, or disability.