The Quality Engineer is responsible for testing company products to ensure that company standards and specifications are met. Responsibilities include creating quality bug reports and tracking defects from submission through closure. The Quality Engineer will participate in the development of a variety of test scenarios including functional, regression, usability, stress/load, etc. and work closely with development engineers to identify and isolate defects in the product. This position will design and implement automated and manual quality assurance test plans and strategies to identify software anomalies and investigate their cause and effects. Responsible for ensuring a quality process is used throughout the product development cycle under minimal supervision and working in a team environment. This position evaluates test results and recommends appropriate action, and uses independent judgment regarding the viability of the design and quality of the product and shipability. Assists in the engineering of future product development and recommends product enhancements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and implement quality assurance test plans and strategies.
- Identify software anomalies and investigate their cause and effects.
- Develop and maintain test cases/test scripts, and test databases.
- Create proper problem reporting which allows Development to understand and correct problem.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records on all tests performed and related results.
- Work with Development to identify problems and meet deadlines.
- Provides project status to management.
- Interface with company associates, outside consultants, vendors, and customers to determine appropriate software fixes.
- Develop submission documentation for product submission to regulatory agencies.
- Create quality bug reports and track defects from submission through closure.
- Actively participate in the development of a variety of test scenarios including functional, regression, usability, stress/load, etc.
- Follow established testing standards, processes and procedures.
- Work to meet deadlines and date commitments for department.
- Troubleshoot problems that arise during testing and assist others with troubleshooting and support of products.
- Conduct data queries and analysis.
- Effectively plans and follows through for product development.
- Willing to travel to support development team during product installations or on-site maintenance.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience in Software Quality Assurance.
Requires a minimum of two years QA testing experience in software development or gaming.
Skills, knowledge, and qualifications:
- Experience with slot machines (Stepper and/or Video), peripherals, as well as Progressive systems.
- Experience creating and executing test cases and test scripts from Functional Specifications or Business Rules.
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), including Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Experienced in creating and executing test cases and test scripts from User Stories, Use Cases, Functional Specifications or Business Rules is preferable. Experience with a test case management tool beneficial.
- Experience with defect tracking and tools.
- Must be a team player, able to work independently with minimal supervision and work under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Slot machines and associated equipment and software/firmware.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must have strong communication skills.
This position may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
With over 60 years’ experience and over 2,200 staff globally, Aristocrat has built a reputation as a premium supplier of...