Ensure the site is in compliance to the project requirements. Developing a site quality team and maintaining a high level of communication on and off site.
Conduct incoming material and construction process audits to drive continual improvement. Measurement will be defect % trend at various process steps.
Conduct quality processes and tools training of site personnel and subcontractors.
Manage quality of subcontractors using world class quality tools during project construction and close field quality issues in < 30 days with sub-contractors
Ensure lessons learned are incorporated into project drawings and work closely with engineering to ensure project drawings contain updated quality requirements
Review and ensure all RFIs are adequately documented and defined in quality documents.
Manage escalated quality issues impacting project schedule and drive them to closure
·Adhere to all safety procedures and good housekeeping standards.
· Complete assignments and projects as directed, with minimal supervision
· Implement and update the QA management system at site. Monitor the implementation of the approved site construction control Plan
· Train personnel and Subcontractors on various quality programs.
· Implement corrective/preventive actions and continuous improvement activities. This involves chairing CIT meetings, recording the information and following up on improvement
·Assure all technical documents relative to site quality control are current status and latest rev
·Ensure all data for quality metrics are tracked and published
·Conduct effective communications levels and fosters team building.
·Interface with other departments and supplier/sub-con representatives and distribute relevant QA documentation
·Control all Quality Concern Reports and ensure remedial actions via punch-lists, QCRs
·Complete and coordinate the approval of the sites Quality technical submittals to the customer
·Coordinate with the site construction manager on all quality issues. Coordinate and chair the QA site weekly meetings with the projects subcontractors and other stakeholders
·Audit incoming material and in process construction per control plan
·Maintain lessons learned file
·Manage quaity personnel ensuring adequate resources are available on site
·Attend Quality meetings and provide updates of site quality issues.
·Ensure all equipment used is calibrated and records maintained
·Close completed QCRs for the project
·Coordinate with quality inspections with all the site sub contractors and vendors coordinate all non destructive testing on site – concrete, grading, surveying locations, compaction, mechanical assembly.
·Coordinate with the customers representative on all quality matters
Ensure FSE quality check sheets for electrical are current in coordinating with quality control plan
· Co-ordinate, participate and document final walk down and sign off of site to O&M (if applicable)
· Organize and participate in all First Installs, ensuring all relevant docuentation is signed and completed
·Ensure all quality control documentation is complied and completed for as-built hand over package
·7 years or more of work experience with min. 2 year of inspection and quality control experience preferable in solar power plants construction environment. Preference given to electrical background
· Experience working with an ISO Quality System including Internal Audits and use of SPC techniques, quality tools and processes like 8D, DOE, SPC, Failure Analysis
·Leadership role experience, quality management preferrable
2 year Technical Degree or equivalent education and experience
·Proven problem solving skills, including use of basic quality tools (Pareto analysis, SPC, gage R & R, etc.)
· Experience with ISO 9001, including Internal Audit Procedures.
·Ability to use micrometers, gage blocks, torque driver
·Proven computer skills (MS Office).
Proven communications skills.
·Basic understanding of quality terms, definitions and concepts.
Able to read drawings
·Must understand the difference between accuracy and precsion and be able to slect the appropriate measuring tools and techniques
Understanding of Quality Tool Concepts such as 8D, FMEA, Control Plan, 5 whys, fish bone