READING SPECIALIST (K-7th grade)
William C. Abney Academy
1296 Alger St. SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49507
Applicants for the position should submit the following credentials at http://www.applitrack.com/choice/onlineapp:
- Michigan Elementary Teacher Certificate with endorsement in Reading Specialist, English or Language Arts for the Reading Specialist.
- Letter of interest
- Background and experience in the form of a resume
- List of five references including relationship, address, and telephone number
- Shares a commitment to the success of the mission, goals, and objectives of the Academy.
- Accepts responsibility for the achievement of students.
- Works with students in order to increase Reading test scores.
- Guides the learning process toward achievement of curriculum goals and implementation of personal learning plans of students.
- Demonstrates effective planning and organization for instruction.
- Selects appropriate materials for implementation of the curriculum and adapts materials and methods to learning styles and abilities of students.
- Uses creative instructional methods and procedures and adapts effectively to unusual situations.
- Motivates students to achieve at their highest level of ability and potential through classroom activities, assignments, relationships, participation and feedback; holds high expectations and demonstrates sensitivity to different learning styles.
- Works cooperatively with parents and generates parents’ confidence in the teacher.
- Demonstrates genuine concern for students in a climate characterized by high personal and student expectations.
- Promotes good citizenship through actions as a role model.
- Uses technology effectively for instruction, record keeping and other administrative tasks, and communications.
- Conducts himself or herself according to professional, ethical principles.
*Choice Schools Associates is an Education Service Provider for ten charter schools in Michigan and is the employer. Employees are provided to the public school academy (charter school) Board of Directors through an agreement with Choice Schools Associates. EEOC