The Real Estate Development Director is responsible for the day-to-day real estate operations of the affiliate including contract, purchasing, targeting potential lots for purchase, working with real estate agents and title companies in the closing process. Incumbent works closely with Construction, Community Development and Family Services. Outside agencies include, other non-profits, municipalities, survey and environmental companies.
Responsibilities to include the following but not limited to:
- Maintain real-time property inventory of all Habitat Detroit properties.
- Coordinate the acquisition of properties either through donation or acquisition through purchase from private owner, land bank authority, cities within the HFHD geographic service area or Wayne County.
- Generate applicable quit claim deeds for acquisition or sale of properties.
- Coordinate title research and environmental surveys on properties prior to acquisition to determine suitability for building.
- Coordinate neighborhood Enterprise Zone (NEZ) applications, property split and combination needs and building and utility permits in preparing for construction
Experience, Education & Skill Requirements:
College degree or equivalent work experience in construction and/or real estate development required
Experience working with Title Company is a plus.
Knowledge of urban codes and local government processes concern acquiring land and construction.
Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
Good communication skills and ability to work well with people and groups
Self-Motivated and Independent
Good basic computer skills, familiarity with Microsoft Office
Have own transportation.
Knowledge of affordable housing and/or social service issues and concerns. Knowledge about Habitat for Humanity a plus.
Great staff and volunteers
Opportunity to help wonderful families
Please include salary requirements.