The Project Manager will be a member of the NSCDC Real Estate Development team and work under the supervision of the Senior Project Manager. The primary duty of the project manager is to manage specific real estate projects, from inception through completion.
The Project Manager will begin work immediately on Phase Two of a 29-unit project that is under construction and 50% complete. The Project Manager will focus on Construction Management, Marketing, Community Outreach, and Project Completion for this project.
North Shore Community Development Coalition
Based in downtown Salem, MA, the North Shore CDC mission is to provide quality affordable housing and foster economic empowerment and community development on the north shore. The North Shore CDC is also committed to neighborhood revitalization, advocacy, and quality programming.
The North Shore CDC strives to change lives, one neighborhood at a time. By drawing on the strengths of neighboring communities in the North Shore, we efficiently and effectively preserve and build affordable housing and provide a voice for the people in the areas we serve. We have developed 297 affordable housing units in Salem, Beverly and Ipswich, MA.
We believe that access to high-quality affordable housing is a right for all residents in our communities. With every project, we strive to serve without compromising high-quality design, development, and building materials—we focus on projects that have lasting benefits to entire neighborhoods.
From our daily operations to state-of-the-art building technology, the North Shore CDC is committed to maintaining high standards of environmental consciousness by incorporating green building techniques for all our buildings. Our current portfolio includes a recently completed LEED Platinum Certified property and a LEED Gold Equivalent Property.
As a member of the Real Estate Development team, the Project Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Project initiation: Work with the Senior Project Manager, Executive Director, NSCDC Real Estate Committee, and community leaders to identify and evaluate new community development initiatives which respond to community needs.
- Feasibility analysis: Analyze potential projects from the perspectives of mission-fit, financial feasibility and risk.
- Financing: Prepare funding applications for development projects from a variety of sources including city, state, and federal entities as well as banks and other financial institutions.
- Predevelopment activities: Facilitate the completion of various predevelopment requirements, including architectural and engineering consulting services, zoning, environmental testing, appraisals and market studies, and cost estimating services.
- Regulatory: Prepare applications for necessary regulatory approvals from federal, state and city agencies including participation in the local permitting process for site plan approval and special permits and variances from applicable boards and commissions.
- Coordination of Development Team: Maintain cordial, professional relations between team members, including architects, engineers, and consultants, to ensure clear understanding of project work required, clear explanations of changes in work scope, and timely payment of invoices for payments consistent with agreements.
- Construction Management: Provide project management services during the construction phase, including requisitions and preparation/submission of reports to lenders and other funders ensuring adherence to project budget and schedule.
- Marketing: Work with the NSCDC Property Management staff and other designated management companies to oversee the planning and implementation of affirmative fair housing marketing activities for new housing projects.
- Community Outreach: Attend community meetings to solicit information of local needs, share information about NSCDC’s programs, and build support for NSCDC’s development initiatives. Will work closely with Community Development Department staff on all community outreach activities.
- Housing and community development, especially affordable housing and the regulations and financing applicable to the industry
- Project Management, Real Estate Development
- Public and private financing and transaction structuring
- Basic understanding of design and construction management
- Communicate effectively in person and in writing
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of people in a variety of settings
- Manage a project or task independently
- Manage simultaneous and competing activities and demands
- Remain organized and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong critical thinking skills and negotiating skills
- Commitment to NSCDC's mission and community empowerment philosophy
- Microsoft Office
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
This position may be part-time or full-time, depending on candidate experience and personal requirements
The North Shore CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Email cover letter and resume to NSCDCjobs @ gmail.com