Established Albany, NY, based law firm with offices in Washington, DC, Arlington, VA, Syracuse, NY, and Buffalo, NY, is seeking a Recruitment Administrator to join its team in our Albany office. This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest growing law firms in the country (rated by INC Magazine). The firm is also recognized as one of Albany’s Best Places to Work by the Business Review.
This is an exempt position and will work under the Human Resources Manager together with senior management to recognize staffing needs and identify, recruit and assist in selecting top talent in the legal field through many sources including referrals, direct contact recruiting, job boards, internet mining and networking events. Occasional travel may be necessary. Specific duties are listed below:
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Posting and advertising open positions and administering recruiting process through all offices working with managers and senior levels to attain top quality candidates;
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with universities, employment agencies and other recruitment resources;
- Preparing and maintaining job descriptions, writing ads and drafting offer letters for new hires;
- Conducting screening of all applicants including review of job history, qualifications and educational requirements and recommending applicants for interviews;
- Participating in interviews as required and assisting managers in the hiring process;
- Checking applicant references, background screening and initiating needed paperwork;
- Assisting with compensation and classification issues;
- Proactive talent searching for attorneys and staffing for new office locations to coordinate with firm strategic planning as expansion continues;
- Developing recruiting policies, maintaining and updating policy manuals as well as employee handbooks as needed; and
- Maintaining an applicant tracking system for all new hires.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years of Recruiting experience in a professional executive services firm;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or a related field;
- Top quality computer skills (Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Office, Adobe); ability to create digital forms, charts, graphs, tables, charting and monthly management reporting;
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills;
- Knowledge of state hiring classifications;
- Ability to convey difficult and challenging information to managers; pragmatic problem-solving skills;
- Articulate communicator and ability to interpret and explain written and statistical data to a wide range of audiences;
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work;
- Strong level of influence and negotiation skills;
- Able to exercise effective judgment, creativity to changing needs and situations and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
Interested applicants should send resume, cover letter including salary requirements via email. Responses to this ad with omitted requirements will not be considered.
Benefits include firm subsidized medical coverage, dental, long term disability, life insurance, 401(k), standard vacation and holidays. Clear employment history and personal references (3) will be required. A Background Check and Screening will be completed on all final applicants.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.