Position Title: Region Sports & Training Manager
Supervised by: Vice President, Sports & Programs
Function: A valued and essential member of the staff responsible for implementation of a Region sports program, including: athlete training, coaches training, competitions, materials preparation, and resource identification and development. An annual review will be conducted.
- Manage Region sports program; provide leadership and direction.
- Assume responsibility for required regional sports programs.
- Supervise sports volunteers.
- Responsible for development and implementation of Region sports and training programs in adherence with SOWA sports goals.
- Develop partnerships with other sports organizations.
- Develop and manage volunteer sports/event management teams.
- Communicate with SOWA Sports Department, and comply with established timelines and requirements.
- Manage SOWA games management software for competition purposes and athlete/volunteer database.
- Manage Region sports equipment and inventory.
- Attend all meetings related to job responsibilities and duties.
- Continue to grow the athlete base for traditional programs within the region.
- Continue to grow Young Athletes program within the region.
- Bachelor or masters degree in related field or minimum of three to five years experience in sports management required.
- Computer literate including specialized database systems and management of systems.
- Background in Special Olympics preferred.
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently as a team member.
- Ability to work within a flexible schedule that involves some weekend and evening hours.
- Professional appearance.
Salary & Benefits:
This is an exempt, full-time position, with benefits: medical, vision, dental, and disability insurance, retirement plan; vacation and sickleave based on qualifying dates.
Special Olympics Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer