Reports To: Practice Vice President(s)
As a Research Associate & Content Evangelist, you will support the research efforts of two of VDC’s four core practice areas. Your responsibilities will include contributing to work for each practice’s client base, developing compelling research deliverables that can be used to promote the firm and its work to prospects, and ensuring the practice maintains a strong online presence.
Specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Support the practice’s blogging and Tweeting efforts by closely following the practice’s own research as well as important industry events on a real-time basis, working with the firm’s analysts to quickly generate insightful and provocative online content.
- Reviewing other leading industry blogs and Twitter feeds, and generating comments and posts in collaboration with other members of each practice.
- Support the development of content for each practice’s calendar of promotional webcasts and research notes by conducting secondary research and drawing upon content from VDC’s own extensive databases and report library. You will also help author research notes, as well webcast slides and scripts working closely with other members of each practice.
- Support the authoring of press releases that promote the firm’s recently published work, working closely with other members of each practice.
- Contribute to the execution of the practice’s core syndicated research and consulting projects for clients by conducting primary research, secondary research, analyses, and supporting the creation of client deliverables.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- At least two years of previous professional experience, ideally in a product management or marketing role in a technology business.
- Extremely strong writing skills, with a real interest in / passion for creating high quality documents.
- Social-media savvy.
- Strong secondary research skills, with the ability to find, organize and present information from online sources efficiently.
- The desire to become an industry analyst
VDC is pleased to provide associates with a very comprehensive benefits program. This program includes:
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- 401k plans
- Employee and Dependent Life Insurance coverage
- Long and Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
To learn more about VDC and its products and services, visit our website at: www.vdcresearch.com
VDC Research is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.