Restaurant General Manager and Assistant Managers
smashburger was recently named "America's Most Promising Company" by Forbes magazine. We are looking for restaurant managers to help us grow our better burger concept in the Miami area. Atsmashburger®, we believe great things are born from synergy. Like the synergy of people, passion, and purpose. Our managers don’t just spend their days focusing on managing tasks. Our managers are leaders who create synergy when they focus on people—their team members and their guests. Our restaurant leaders share a passion for creating a better burger as well as a passion to excite and delight their guests. Our restaurant leaders have purpose: to grow themselves and their teams as they grow a brand. If you’re a leader who wants a life filled with people, passion, and purpose then you just found a place to call home.
Smashburger AM/GM's Responsibilities:
1. Conducts personnel selection, training, scheduling supervision and evaluation activities in compliance with all federal and state laws to develop a high degree of staff efficiency and teamwork.
2. Ensures that guests are served in a courteous, timely manner which results in their satisfaction and in an enhanced public image.
3. Maintains high food quality and attractive food appearance, made according to smashburger product specifications in order to control food cost as budgeted.
4. Ensures that proper sanitation and cleanliness of the unit is in order to fulfill health requirements, smashburger standards and to enhance the eating atmosphere for guests.
5. Reviews and analyzes financial data weekly and initiates corrective actions to increase sales and profits.
6. Implements and monitors cost and other control techniques in order to ensure the achievement of sales and profit objectives.
7. Orders inventory on a timely basis to ensure an adequate amount, but not overabundance, of raw material.
8. Maintains records including daily sales and cash analysis, daily volume and product purchase reports and reports to the Director of Operations at specified times to ensure accurate financial accounting.
9. Implements and monitors cash receipts and controls. Ensures that cash shortages are controlled and ensures that cash is deposited in the bank daily.
2-3 years supervisory experience within restaurant, retail, hospitality industry
Must be able to successfully complete food and alcohol safty certification programs
Must have sense of urgency, enjoy fast paced environment, and guest service focus.
Proven ability to drive sales and guest service initiatives by motivating and leading team members
Understanding of financial profit and loss statements, food cost, inventory, food safty, and sanitation requirements
Proven ability to hire train and develop team members
Smashburger was born to carry the torch for the modern burger lover. Where smash. sizzle. savor means a dedication to creating the best-tasting "smashed-to-order" burger. We start with 100% Angus Beef, smashed, seared and seasoned on the grill, placed on a butter-toasted artisan bun and topped with the highest-quality cheeses, freshest produce and condiments. A place where you can get a meal for every taste and appetite, where you can select one of our great recipes or you can create your own. A place that is close to home and affordable. Where the energy is comfortable and relaxed. Where the food is served to you quickly and on a plate - not in a bag. -- Smashburger is the better way.