The mission of Atlanta Habitat for Humanity is to partner with working families, sponsors, and communities to build affordable, green, quality homes and to provide support services that promote successful home purchase and ownership. The ReStore is Atlanta Habitat’s home improvement outlet, open to the public. The ReStore generates revenue through the sale of donated and reclaimed building materials and supplies. All proceeds support Atlanta Habitat’s mission. The ReStore Procurement Manager supports Atlanta Habitat’s mission by overseeing donation activities for the store, including building relationships with corporate donors and developing strategies for maximizing quality donations.
The ReStore Procurement Manager is directly responsible for:
- Developing and implementing a strategy for procuring donations to match the ReStore’s goals.
- Building relationships with corporate donors and the community.
- Building and maintaining a database of key corporate donors and potential donors.
- Interacting positively with donors and customers.
- Overseeing the donation process for the ReStore.
- Assuring that the ReStore reaches annual goals for donations.
The position is classified full-time, exempt, and a minimum of 40 hours per week is required, with a schedule that includes some evenings and weekends, as needed. A full benefits package is offered. Qualified candidates must meet all of the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably with an emphasis on business or retail.
- Minimum of three years experience in donation procurement, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Minimum of three years of sales experience.
- Some supervisory/management experience.
- Experience negotiating contracts/business deals.
- Retail experience with construction or building materials/hardware preferred.
- Good process management skills.
- Knowledge of fair market values of new and used building materials.
- Geographic understanding of the City of Atlanta.
- Superior customer service skills, including building and maintaining relationships with corporate donors.
- Able to supervise volunteers and staff with a wide range of skills and abilities.
- Excellent computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook. Salesforce or other CRM experience preferred.
- Strong research skills and ability to develop and follow through on business leads.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Able to meet deadlines and pay attention to details.
- Able to work well with all staff, homeowners, volunteers and donors.
- Able to handle multiple tasks.
To apply for this job, please send a resume and cover letter through Indeed.com. Please no walk-ins, phone calls or faxes. Only candidates meeting all position requirements will be considered. More information about Atlanta Habitat for Humanity may be found on our website www.atlantahabitat.org. Applications will be accepted until Monday, February 4, 2013 or until the position is filled.
Atlanta Habitat is a Drug-Free Workplace. This position is subject to a criminal background and credit check, periodic DMV checks for driving record and valid driver’s license, and drug and alcohol testing. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of all checks and testing.
Equal Opportunity Policy: Atlanta Habitat is dedicated to a policy of equal opportunity. We will give fair and equal treatment to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Atlanta Habitat to prohibit discrimination or harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, age, or veteran status as protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices and personnel actions, including compensation, recruitment, and opportunities for advancement.